Linux Systems Administrator/ Systems Engineer
We are seeking a full-time Linux Systems Administrator for our client in Plainview, NY
- Manage and support a high availability environment to include 24x7 alert monitoring.
- Be part of a team that supports an on-call schedule.
- Design, build, install and configure servers in a physical and virtual environment.
- Write scripts or code to administer and automate website configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, and web servers.
- Prepare, coordinate, and execute change control to correct issues and enhance both production and non-production systems.
- Advise management on tactical and strategic operational improvements to enhance operational capabilities and lower costs of delivery.
- Provide the written status reports to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Linux systems administration.
- Solid knowledge of CentOS and/or Red Hat systems.
- Knowledge of networking, virtualization and storage concepts.
- Familiarity with system architecture and basic network security principles.
- Experience working with Tomcat, Apache, nginx, haproxy webservers.
- Have used configuration management tools such as Ansible, puppet, chef or similar tools.
- Exposure to Jenkins automation server.
- Have used JIRA ticketing system.
- Experience in shell scripts.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent logical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to explain strategic concepts and how to do them.
- 5 or more years experience working as a system administrator.
- 3 or more years experience working in a high traffic, public facing production 24x7 environment.
- Knowledge of programming languages like python, perl, php, nodejs, ruby, go etc is a plus.
- Experience in kickstarting or setups of servers remotely is a plus.
- Experience working with databases like MySQL, postgres, SQL Server, Oracle is a plus.
- RHCE or any security related certification is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to Cheryl.email@example.com.