Logistics Claims Data Analyst
Data Analyst 3(Logistics Claims Data Analyst)
3 months contract
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Briefly summarize the key responsibilities of the position and why this position exists.
At Client, we are committed to delivering a best in class experience in all aspects of our business. The Logistics Team is no exception. Client Electronics America’s Mobile Logistics Team is responsible for ensuring cost efficient, on time product delivery to our customers, to meet forecasted demand by the Sales Subsidiary. To accomplish this objective, Logistics collaborates with Sales Teams, Marketing Teams, and with the Client Global Operations Center. Information is managed using spreadsheets, email, SAP, and Client Systems and Tools.
The Logistics Claims and Loss Prevention Analyst will be responsible for analyzing claims and loss data, cataloging, slicing and dicing the data to locate trends and patterns. Regular communication with the operations team will be necessary to understand daily processes and identify where the process gaps and risk pockets are in the operation. This position requires a high level of interaction with a broad number of employees to validate data and collaborate on our findings. Ultimately, the goal of the Analyst is to drive out losses and eliminate claims through targeted process improvements and best in class benchmarking.
This position is critical to the Logistics department: as an operational department with time sensitive daily executables needed to deliver products to customers, the Claims and Loss Prevention Analyst must study the loss patterns and ratios and make recommendations that drive a reduction in losses year over year.
The Logistics Claims and Loss Prevention Analyst will report to the Claims Manager. This is a highly collaborative role within the Logistics department as well as with multiple Client departments and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONISIBLITIES
State the major activities and job results for which the position is responsible.
- Data Analysis
- Develop loss models that help with decision making
- Create and submit weekly and monthly reports, identifying trends and KPI status
- Manage the communication of loss and claim data in collaboration with Carriers, Customer Support, Security, Operations, Accounting and Supply Chain.
- Research and obtain supporting documentation.
- Make a recommendation on the best course of resolution.
- Review, monitor and report out on results of implementing process improvements designed to reduce losses
- Develop excellent working relationships with logistics team, business teams and insurance company.
- This position plays a critical role ensuring that the transportation & logistics group meets or exceeds customer needs and business objectives. No task is too big or too small if it supports driving customer satisfaction and business requirements.
- Data accuracy: 95+% achievement rate
- Timely report generation: 90+% achievement rate
- Objective, simple presentation of data that tells a compelling story
- Staff surveys and feedback
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
List the special skills, technical knowledge, certification, experience or education a person would need to assume this position.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in loss prevention analytics roles
- Experience processing transportation and warehouse claims, preferably in a small parcel environment
- Experience in high value electronics loss prevention
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Data Analytics
- Efficient in Microsoft Office suite – excel, outlook, word.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
- Ability to navigate a claims database.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload in a fast paced, frequently changing environment.
- Excellent Social and Communications skills (written, verbal).
- Must be comfortable working in a multi-cultural business environment.
- Must be available to work after standard work hours and on weekends.
- Exhibit composure under pressure.
- Strong Math, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of Management including executives.
Top 3 must-have skills/requirements: Data analysis experience and ability to translate the data into actionable business improvements; ability to interact with operations team; ability to prioritize work load
Education: Undergraduate degree
Minimum of 3 years data analysis