MAC Tech Support Engineer
We are looking for a MAC Tech Support Engineer for a contract to hire position with our client in Philadelphia, PA. The right candidate will have about 3-5 years experience. Must have strong MAC support experience. The environment is 95% MAC and 5% PC. Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
The Technology Department is responsible for the 24x7 operations and support of all IT systems within company. The Support Engineer plays a critical role by directly supporting all team members, providing timely and quality desktop hardware, software and mobile device troubleshooting, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and responsiveness. The position requires a phenomenal team player attitude, the ability to work rotating shifts and tenacity to occasionally contribute to urgent issues outside normal work hours.
General responsibilities and duties:
- Monitor Helpdesk system for inbound issues
- Handle immediate need activities such as video conferencing setups, new employees joining and office reconfigurations
- Ensure all issues are logged and documented in the Helpdesk system
- Quickly and professionally assess issues, and take steps to resolve
- When resolution is complete, document cause and resolution then close Helpdesk incident
- Escalate and refer unresolved issues to other team members or Level 2 when appropriate
- Deal with various vendors (mobile, telecommunications, data etc.) and escalate issues to them directly
- Deal with remote problems
- Administer user accounts in MAC OS and Active Directory
- Setup and support mobile devices
- Setup and support desktop telecommunications terminals (phones, voicemail services and inbound routing)
- Perform basic server administration (power cycle, troubleshooting connectivity issues)
- Mange the network connectivity (patch cables, switch and router infrastructure)
- Ensure a high degree of information security through password controls, prompt termination and activation of users etc.