Mainframe Applications Coordinator
Job Title: Mainframe Applications Coordinator
Location: New Haven, CT 06473 (Remote option available)
Duration: 06 months contract - will go long term
Summary of Job:
- The current need is for an experienced Broadcom Workload Automation – ESP (formally known as CA Workload Automation – ESP and Cybermation – ESP) analyst.
- We are currently running version 12 of the Broadcom Workload Automation – ESP product on IBM Z/OS.
- The candidate should have multiple years’ experience working in an enterprise environment with ESP interacting with a verity of open systems (Windows & Linux) as well as IBM Mainframe.
- Our immediate need is to modify, develop, test, and build production jobs to interface with our IBM Mainframe and SAP S4/HANA environment as part of an enterprise-wide SAP rollout.
- S4/HANA scheduling assistance to be provided by SAP and our SAP system integrator.
- Candidates should be able to work within a large team environment and be capable of producing deliverables within tight time schedules.
- What does that mean? They are basically looking for a Batch Scheduler for the role.
- This person will help coordinate running batch jobs out of the current mainframe, into their New SAP HANA System as part of the business transformation program.
- They are using an old CA (Computer Associates) Tool called Broadcom Workload Automation – ESP (formally known as CA Workload Automation – ESP and Cybermation – ESP). All candidates MUST have this tool
- Coordinates mainframe application scheduling and code promotion for all systems (Prod, Test, Development) interacting with open systems and external vendors.
- Plans and implements changes to the production, test, and development schedule.
- Plans and implements production, test, and development code promotions.
- Reviews recent batch runs for completeness and correctness, including file transfers; resolves leftover issues and arranges restart/reruns as needed.
- Collaborates with application programmers during pre-production development and maintenance of applications to plan for production schedules.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Life insurance enterprise products: (Ingenium, Life70, IDM, AWD, etc)
- Microsoft Office Products: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Enterprise Job Scheduling products: (ESP, Tivoli, etc.)
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of experience and training
- 3-5 years of IT experience in support of production control or equivalent combination of training and experience
- ITIL Foundation certificate desired