Manager, Data Engineering
We are seeking a Data Engineering Manager to lead a technical data team with our client in Yonkers, NY. This is a full-time permanent position. Please review the job requirements below and send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com. Will consider a lead or senior engineer ready to move into management role.
Seeking a highly motivated individual with hands on technical skills in harnessing data into insights; leadership skills to manage and lead a technical data team; and experience in building business intelligence data systems in a B2B setup.
The Manager, Data Intelligence is responsible for developing, executing, and managing the IT systems that support the data intelligence platform. Partners with the IT leadership team to help set technology strategic objectives, assess, select and oversee implementation of necessary systems as well as manage external partners. Manages and leads a team in building business intelligence data systems. Works with multiple cross functional teams (Digital Product teams, IT, Content, DevOps etc) , analyze the requirements, translate them into detailed technical specifications and architect/build the systems including databases, data pipelines, ETLs, and analytical reports & dashboards using visualization tools.
- Assesses, recommends and manages IT systems supporting Data Intelligence platform from discovery through deployment
- Along with the IT leadership, serves as a driver of the technology needed to deliver and continuously evolve the data intelligence program.
- Partners with cross functional teams to understand business requirements, define deliverables, and recommend system improvements to deliver best-in-class analytics, reporting, and data visualization.
- Collaborates and Coordinates Development, QA, Deployment, and Support activities involving Data Intelligence platform.
- Creates and presents Proof of Concepts (POCs) to Leadership as per Data Intelligence product team and Overall IT/Data Architecture needs.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, developing and evaluating team’s technical skill set; coaches and mentors more junior staff.
- Performs active hands-on development/coding activities as well as leading engineers with technical guidance.
- Maintains knowledge of and evaluates emerging technology to educate IT and other divisions on opportunities. Identifies and evaluates potential data vendors.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or other related field and a minimum of 7 years of experience leading data technology programs.
- Experience at a market research, business intelligence or B2B publishing organization is plus.
- Experience Architecting and building Data Visualization, Reporting, and Business intelligence systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Architecture and engineering.
- Expert level knowledge in Data modeling, mining, visualization, scaling and performance tuning of high volume OLTP, OLAP and data warehouse environments.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in on or more Programming languages and frameworks (Java/JEE (Preferred), Spring, Python, Flask)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in developing Web Services (REST APIs)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience working with one or more Databases (Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, Redshift )
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience one or more Data Visualization Tools (Tableau (Preferred), Qlikview, PlotLy, D3 etc)
- Hands-on Experience working in Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication and collaboration skills. (Team leading/managing capabilities)
- Experience working with Agile/Lean product development approaches as well as cooperatively working in a DevOps culture.
- Experience working with modern tools in the Agile software development life cycle - Version Control Systems (Ex. git, github, Stash/BitBucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience managing staff and leading cross-functional teams. Proven experience in managing agencies and 3rd party vendors.
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.