Manager Data Warehouse
TITLE: MANAGER DATA WAREHOUSE
LOCATION: NEWARK, NJ
• Lead a team of resources in installation, performance tuning and optimization of large-scale database management servers (Sybase & SQL Server).
• Devise and implement database security process and protocols. • Align with other technical leaders in recommendation and implementation of emerging database technologies
• Establish automation processes for repeated database tasks
• Create and manager database reports, visualizations and dashboards.
• 7+ years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture
• 3+ years data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning for maximum performance in each technical configuration.
• Hands-on experience with cloud services (AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure).
• Experience with both Linux and Windows Server environments
• Extensive experience with database technologies (Sybase, Sybase Replication, MS SQL)
• Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
• Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
• PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
• Experience with financial services datasets across investment, product and distribution functions.
• Experience with Data warehouse solutions like Redshift/Snowflake.