Manager of Data Engineering
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Data Engineering to help build and lead a team of data resources, implement new tools and technologies driving Tegna’s data strategy. You will take the ownership of multiple data environments, perform architectural reviews, optimizations, evaluates new tools that will help in achieving those goals. Work closely with the infrastructure team to leverage the existing capacities and plan for future upgrades.
If you are a multi-tasker with attention to detail, who is comfortable being the go-to expert for Data Engineering, this is who we are looking for!
What is more if you are obsessive about customer needs and can create a collaborative work environment to address those needs; make decision based on data and involving all areas of the business as part of the organizational data architecture, please apply!
· Act as a trusted technical advisor and strategic thought leader to the data team leading, and mentoring teams on architecture and design in a hands-on manner.
· Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
· Build data expertise and own data quality for the data pipelines built
· Become a domain expert within data stores and support the build of high-quality analytics as an architect and an individual contributor.
· Engage in troubleshooting production issues and root cause analysis.
· Proactively drive the vision for data engineering across the business teams and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
· Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
· Build cross-functional relationships with other business teams to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
· Experience implementing Data Quality & Master Data Management (MDM) solutions
· Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
· Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
· Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
· 6+ years of experience designing, architecting, and implementing data warehouse solutions.
· 6+ years on experience in writing complex SQL queries, ETL/ELT pipeline development and Reporting development.
· 2+ years of experience in programming languages preferably in Python.
· 2+ years of experience in reporting development preferably in Tableau/Google Data Studio.
· Hands on experience on Cloud data warehouses preferably on Snowflake/Google Big Query.
· Experience implementing MDM using Informatica, Talend etc is desirable
· Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
· Experience managing an agile design driven, user-centered product and development team.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with meticulous attention to detail. Ability to communicate technical issues simply to help drive fast decisions.
· A fast learning curve, with the ability to understand our customer’s needs on both a business and technical level.