Marketing Analyst / Category Analyst
NY, Staten Island
We are looking for a Category Analyst / Marketing Analyst for a permanent position with our retail client in Staten Island, NY.
Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Works cross functionally across the company to assess internal and external trends across vendors, categories and brands in an effort to maximize sales.
Further, the analyst works externally with store operators to assess business trends. In this role, the associate is mastering syndicated data and internal BI tools.
- Generates weekly, monthly and quarterly Sales and Gross Profit trend reports.
- Completes Brand Planning / Vendor Planning & General Business Review Strategy planning session, utilizing proprietary tools.
- Performs SKU Optimizations by department & category to ensure maximum efficiency of shelf space and produce velocities.
- Generates a host of syndicated data reports (via IRI) to help identify trends and generate alerts for merchandising.
- Creates and distributes Weekly Sales Trends graphs based on major Promote Groups.
- Creates Demographic Profiles of new stores based on U.S. Census data.
- Scorecards progress of Elite Vendor Shelf Set & SKU Op Program.
- Oversees Competitive Price Check Process acting as liason between Retail Audit Vendor and Merchandising
- Produces MSA Store Compliance reports on bi-weekly basis to monitor store purchase behavior.
- Produces Ad-Hoc Data & Insights requests across for Sr. Management, Store Owners and internal Cross-Functional partners as requested
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Marketing or Business
- Three (3) to five (5) years in Consumer Package Goods and/or Grocery retail industries utilizing Syndicated Data (IRI, Nielsen) is mandatory
- Ability to interpret data and transfer into selling opportunities
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiar with Shelf Management software and techniques
- Working knowledge of computer systems designs
- Previous experience with merchandising systems (i.e., Catalina, Qlikview) a plus