Microsoft 365 Senior Technical Specialist (remote)
CA, San Francisco
We are looking for an experienced Microsoft 365 consultant for a 3 months contract.
The Microsoft 365 Senior Technical Specialist is a Microsoft subject matter expert responsible for leading and managing the company’s Microsoft 365 deployment projects. You would get to work as Senior Technical Lead for platform-wide oversight and management of Microsoft 365, Teams, Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
You will get to work as a part of the team responsible for transforming how the company’s employees work, collaborate, and play an important role in improving our workplace and communication systems.
· Being an effective technical leader and driver to expand Microsoft Teams as a fully operable real-time voice and video platform for PSTN phone calling and video conferencing for both internal as well as external B2B/B2C meeting participants.
· Leading the technical planning, developing, and hands-on implementing of activities to quickly and safely drive projects to deployment.
· Being a technical SME that can both advise and partner with the existing engineering and project teams.
· Evaluating, implementing, and maintaining changes to technology platforms.
· Assisting with platform issues and incident management, including investigating incidents and remediating appropriately, or coordinating actions with other Level 2 and Level 3 engineering team members.
· Partnering with existing team to administer, monitor, and manage Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Exchange Online, the Exchange hybrid, and other Microsoft 365 collaboration tools to ensure availability to pre-agreed Service Levels and perform necessary maintenance or enhancements to support availability.
· Developing and maintaining all systems, applications, security, and telecommunication configurations.
· Managing the business requirements review and implementation of API integrations for Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft 365 services.
· Supporting continuous improvement initiatives, including project support, strategic planning, and road map development and implementation.
· Other related duties as assigned
· Five or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft 365 administration, and Microsoft enterprise systems involving a variety of software and hardware implementations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Business or equivalent experience.
· Microsoft 365 certification.
· Demonstrated experience managing enterprise environments.
· Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
· Strong experience with creating and managing PowerShell scripts.
· Experience with email security platforms, including Exchange Online Protection, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection, and Axway MailGate.
· Experience with Microsoft Teams Phone System.
· Detail orientation and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to coordinate issues identification and resolution between customers and the technical operations team.
· Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.