Mid - Sr. Software Engineer - Java/Node.js/Python/Back-End
Our client is a leader in adult software development. Their streaming video platform connects millions of people around the world. They have been in business for more than 17 years and employ about 300 people while growing steadily.
Our client is eager to hire talented Mid- Senior Software Developers who love to tackle new technology, solve interesting challenges and make great products. You must be comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in an agile environment. Team work is always appreciated.
An ideal developer for this role will have solid fundamentals in computer science, experience in OO software development. You're willing to work with and learn from others in a quirky, hijinx filled environment.
- Legacy platform is built on Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP Stack), but have an agnostic approach where we use and support many different technologies.
- Technically strong, senior level developer who is very experienced with at least one of the following - Java, Node.JS, Python, PHP with the ability/willingness to learn others (they like C and C++ experience as well)
- Internet software experience is preferred. If you have strong experience in game development or native software development you may be who we are looking for
- 5+ years experience in full-stack software development - 5 years is a benchmark but really if you are a STRONG developer with great experience it's what you can do that counts
- Experience and ability in system design, and hands on experience presenting to the team(s)
- Proven experience and skill in client-server technologies, and cluster architectures and deployments
- Experience with and understanding of test driven design and unit testing
- Killer interpersonal skills with emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Ability to solve problems quickly and sustainably
Nice to haves/Open to:
- strong experience with either SQL or NoSQL databases are extra nice but NOT requirements
- System Design Experience
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience in delivering RESTful micro-services in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Big Plus: Experience with streaming video systems
- Working with technical leadership to design and implement new services and improve on existing services and create new services and products.
- Using your ability to performance tune, debug and integrate with existing services and other production team applications
- Designing and documenting new features while adhering to our established best practices
- Assist in creating, maintaining and promoting best practices
- Assist other developers with assignments through mentoring and code reviews