You will provide engineering and design support for our client's production network architectures. Manage network performance and capacity planning of Wireless E911 and Data Services Networks. Implement network strategies to support new wireless-based locations services. Ensure on-going capability of Wireless E911 network to support advanced features and comply with evolving standards.
· Serve as subject matter expert on TCP/IP, routing, switching, LAN/WAN design, firewalls, IP multicast, network design, implementation and support.
· Assist with requirements definition and functional specification of network transport and interconnection to new and existing systems.
· Participate with other team members in 24x7 on-call rotation
· Deliver top quality, performing work in a controlled and safe manner that ensures compliance with 99.999% uptime service level agreements.
· Assist with forensic troubleshooting and root cause analysis studies of problems associated with applications, databases and other components in the network.
· Prepare and maintain thorough documentation of as-built and new network deployments.
· Provide subject matter expertise to product management, sales, software development, and customer organizations.
AS A NETWORK ENGINEER, YOU WILL HAVE 5+ YEARS OF THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
· Cisco and Juniper R&S configuration and operation (or equivalent)
· OSPF and BGP4 routing protocols
· Telephony Infrastructure: DDS, T1 and T3 systems, DACCs and so forth
· Frame Relay operations and services
· IP multicast, IGMP and PIM
· Previous experience working in and understanding of the importance of change control processes on critical 99.999 networks
· Configuration, troubleshooting, design and maintenance of firewall technologies such as Cisco and Juniper firewall platforms
· Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical equivalent discipline
ADDITIONAL VALUED CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
· Minimum 5 years advanced experience in a complex network environment
· Python and/or Perl scripting is a large plus but not required
· Experience with Cisco and Juniper equipment
· Cisco and Juniper Certifications desired
· Experience working in a Tier III support role