Network Ops Administrator
Position- Network Ops Administrator
Location- Knoxville, TN
Duration- 12+ months contract
- Administration and support of the server environment for TDOT’s Transportation
- Management Center (TMC) and supporting the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) network.
- Maintaining network performance, security, monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting network problems.
- Support the following TDOT technologies and processes:
- Line of business applications & In-house technologies
- Active Directory & DNS
- MS Exchange
- Application servers
- File servers
- Communication servers
- Edge devices
- LAN, VLAN & WAN
- Security, firewalls and switches
- On call 24/7 TMC network support
- Excellent communications, technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- In depth networking experience that includes deep technical and functional understanding of network security, WAN, LAN and internet routing and switching protocols, wireless, VPN and VM Ware capabilities.
- Experience in deploying and managing network and application monitoring solutions that provide clear visibility into network traffic and performance.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines, independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization. Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, Resiliency Planning, and planning highly available solutions
- Experience with all Windows operating systems, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, IP and Cisco equipment.
- Experience with and good working knowledge of, Domains, Segmentation, Account Management, Network backups, Trusts, Policies, Network Protocols and Bindings, and Software Imaging, and Firewalls.
- Experience managing and supporting Intelligent Transportation System networks (Fiber Optic, CCTV, RDS, DMS, etc.)
Functional/Working knowledge of ITIL, DevOps, ITSM, Kanban, Agile methodologies, Scrum development.