We are seeking an Oracle DBA for a permanent position with our client in Poughkeepsie, NY. The position will need to be onsite 100%. The client will provide visa sponsorship for the right candidate. This is a junior to mid level position.
Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at haveynashusa.com.
The Lead DBA will have primary responsibility for Oracle database implementations, performance-tuning and support on a Linux operating system in a clustered configuration, interface and integration configuration with Liferay portal and other open source and third-party products. Major technical duties include installation and upgrades of Oracle products, monitoring and tuning system performance, establishing user access controls, database security, defining new/modified database tables, and device configuration and planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the technical leader to insure timely completion of projects.
- Create, maintain and refresh required Oracle instances/databases for development, test and production environments.
- In conjunction with the network security administrator, establish and manage user access, and design and implement security architecture.
- Monitor security breaches, error log(s), database and log space, user activity and resource utilization of production environment.
- Work with application programmers to insure that application problems do not adversely affect production operations.
- Monitor system resources of database servers to assure production systems meet performance & availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Provide after hours on-call support for critical database issues.
- Provide expert assistance in SQL statement tuning to improve performance.
- Act as project liaison and coordinate with Linux system administrators for application of OS patches and maintenance required for database servers.
- Following standards, write, maintain and document Linux scripts needed in support of applications.
- Work with ERP project team (or other project teams as required) to determine needs, set priorities, create project plans and determine schedule for installations/upgrades.
- Document all related procedures including disaster recovery.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and 3-5 years experience in the information technology field required.
- Position requires significant knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures.
- Ideal candidate should have experience as an Ellucian Banner/Oracle DBA in a Linux environment.
- Experience with IBM System z mainframe a plus.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing technological and team-oriented environment is essential.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.