Payroll Tax Analyst
This is Fayaz from Harvey Nash, please go through below job & if you are interested for this position , please reply with your updated resume
#16699 -Payroll Tax Analyst- Austin , TX - 3 months
Payroll Tax Analyst
The role will support the Payroll Tax & Compliance Manager with strategic tax projects within the payroll department. This role will help drive process efficiencies and assist with payroll tax research and compliance. The Payroll Tax Analyst must be knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations including tax, audit and reporting laws. The role will have frequent and regular interactions with cross-functional departments and Sr. Management throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years payroll tax experience required
- Knowledge of payroll tax regulations and laws (Required).
- Payroll experience with large multi-state employer.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required).
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required).
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as MS Word and Excel required.
- Previous experience working with outsourced payroll providers.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and respond to tax authority notices and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Work with payroll provider to ensure all tax deposits and filings are processed accurately and timely. Prepare 941 stock estimated deposits and enter into ADP Smart Compliance.
- Register companies with state and local jurisdictions for payroll tax reporting and ensure they are setup in the payroll system.
- Respond to employee tax questions on a daily basis and partner with the HR Operations teams & other internal customers to ensure we have effective processes and issue resolution.
- Process W2-c’s and track amendment processing.
- Fix daily errors and support the payroll tax audit processed for a bi-weekly payroll.
Manage the updating of state W4 forms, along with other project related items.