Power Systems/ Application Engineer
Power Systems Engineer/ Application Engineer
Our client is seeking an Application Engineer with power systems and relay programming experience to work with their Global Engineering team.
The key attributes to be successful in this position are:
- Contribute to open communication and collaboration by sharing and exchanging information
- Take a proactive, tenacious approach to problem solving
- Commit to your personal development
- Create and maintain customer relationships that are built on a foundation of consistent, high quality service delivery
- Utilize technical expertise to determine appropriate solutions for customers
- This role involves a mix of office work and hands-on work using tools and testing instruments in a factory environment.
- Approximately 20-25% travel is required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform application review of customer specification during pre-sales process to assess best solution.
- Design protection and control equipment to meet customer needs. This person must be able to read, understand and markup engineering schematics/drawings.
- Develop configuration files for IEDs (intelligent electronic devices): relays, RTUs, data concentrators, protocol converters, and remote IO devices from manufacturers such as SEL, Siemens, GE, etc.
- Perform factory acceptance testing prior to equipment shipment on associated projects. This includes developing the test plan, setting up the switchgear and test equipment, performing customer-witnessed testing, and writing the final report.
- Conduct training sessions for customers and internal personnel.
- Communicate effectively with customers while performing tasks such as application review, project implementation, and testing.
- Recognize and adhere to standard industry safety practices.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience, preferably electrical.
- Knowledge of power distribution system principles such as protection, control, and reliability and familiarity with equipment and applications.
- Experience with different manufacturers' relays and controls, such as SEL, Siemens, GE, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and interpreting control schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of DNP3.0 protocol.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.