Product Manager 3(Senior Manager, Category Management – National Retail)
Product Manager 3(Senior Manager, Category Management – National Retail)
9 months contract
For decades, Client has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Client Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Client. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible.
This position will play the central role in driving business results for the Tablets and PC business. The successful candidate will drive and align product, business and marketing programs, including pricing, promotion and customer marketing initiatives in order to achieve revenue and market share targets for the category. The candidate will have a background in a consumer-focused or technology industry with direct experience in product marketing and/or brand-category management. This individual will work with account, marketing, product planning, insights, and retailer teams to create shopper-centric initiatives to drive growth in the category. The candidate is expected to execute and track programs that drive results and manage all aspects of market development funds, collaborating with the demand generation, channel, and account teams to ensure effective sales deduction and customer marketing spend. You must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with account teams, product management, and SEA and HQ support personnel
- Own the category from the product and business perspective. Manage the product portfolio and SKU planning for the category in conjunction with product management, HQ RPM and the account teams.
- Plan the business to drive both revenue and market share growth. Establish annual/ quarterly Management and Stretch Plans together with leadership. Closely monitor market and competitive trends in order to gain insights to develop business strategies that create opportunities for market-beating performance.
- Lead new product launch and assortment decisions within assigned accounts. Analyze competitive products, pricing, promotions and programs. Drive new and innovative product launch, engagement and promotional strategies and tactics.
- Initiate, develop, and coordinate category-wide and customer-specific promotions, marketing plans and programs in conjunction with account teams and business manager.
- Manage and optimize weekly promotional plans, while meeting both financial targets for sales deduction and supply/demand plans. Maximize/monitor sell-out to end customer. Implement new sell-out platform initiatives to drive higher conversion.
- Lead category demand planning/PSI in close collaboration with the supply chain team through purchase, sales and inventory management to optimize revenue plans and target weeks of supply.
- Interface with HQ product planning and RPM teams to drive supply chain management KPI’s, inventory management, and channel delivery within target customers.
- Execute marketing programs, program management and post-program evaluation. Understand and analyze data to evaluate aggregate and individual marketing programs - such as ROI, sales lift, etc.
- Maximize marketing investment in channel promotions, training and advocacy, etc.
- Initiate online and in-store merchandise planning. Work with account and channel marketing teams to execute at point of sale.
- Maintain close and frequent working relationship with account teams, product management, demand creation, and SEA marketing support to optimize sell out initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with accounts to understand their strategies and provide category insights/ recommendations that maximize category sales & profitability.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- Require 12+ years of related work experience
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in product marketing or related area.
- Experience and ability to apply consumer and/or category analytic fundamentals (retail scanning, category insights data, brand-specific qual/quant research) to diagnose issues and opportunities
- Solid customer relationship skills. Direct retail or carrier channel experience a plus.
- Highly organized/detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience in budget management and tracking.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales presentations, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
Client Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop category & channel strategy to drive share, sales, profit and loyalty to Client products. The Category Manager is the owner of selling strategy and stories for the partner ecosystem. The Category Manager is the category and product expert for internal and external facing teams, and drives the GTM process for the category.
- Plan the business to drive both revenue and market share growth.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories based on market trends and requirements.
- Establish annual/ quarterly Management and Stretch Plans together with leadership.
- Closely monitor market and competitive trends to gain insights to develop business strategies that create opportunities for market-beating performance.
- Creates category strategies & delivers category guidance to the field and XFN
- Creates partner facing selling stories for customer facing teams.
- Drives the Go-To-Market (GTM) process for the category according to partner driven timelines
- Develops category insights using multiple research and data sets
- Aligns spend to class of trade level activities in market
- Communicates Category strategies internally and externally inclusive of category trends, product strategies, and marketing strategies
- Review category demand planning/PSI in close collaboration with the supply chain team through purchase, sales, and inventory management to optimize revenue plans and target weeks of supply
- Provides channel, class of trade and Partner prioritization for use in strategically allocating limited assets
- Maximize marketing investment in channel promotions, training, and advocacy, etc.
- Responsible for research strategy regarding sales excluding consumer/shopper
- Represents the sales function within key handoff moments from marketing and product management to sales and vice versa
- Provides strategic category & marketing plans and helps develop sales pitch decks and new item launch materials
- Deploys selling stories across field teams and ensures field category managers are category and product experts
- Evaluate online and in-store merchandise planning in cooperation with account and channel marketing teams to execute at point of sale.
- Ensures category and product strategy is deployed across field and sales teams
- Is the subject matter expert (SME) for category/product/consumer
- Drives strategic category thought leadership presentations with Partners
- Is on occasion asked to present category insights to key customers
- Compiles and delivers feedback as the voice of the partner to marketing and product management
- Monitor the performance of overall category and individual products to determine the best/worst-performing products, create profit and loss statements, and assess performance against competitors
- Manages product lifecycle through GTM plans & category P&L
- Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to create and drive sales strategy for categories and products
- Confident written and verbal communicator, with presentation skills and the ability to present to leadership from internal and external organizations
- Ability to precisely and proficiently conduct business and data analyses with data driven recommendations for improvements and advancements
- Ability to build various levels of strong ongoing customer and organizational relationships
- Exceptional problem solving, project and program management skills
- Ability to understand, translate and map strategic business and competitive priorities into analysis and deliver insights
- Advanced skill with either Google Sheets and Slides or Excel and PowerPoint
- Values collaboration and has the ability to communicate across varied stakeholders and influence without authority
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate through uncertain situations and quickly adapt to change
- Mastery Level: Strategic Planning, Selling & Negotiation, Retail Knowledge & Acumen, Analysis & Insight Development, Financial Acumen
- Advanced Level: Collaboration, Retail Merchandising Expertise, Fund Management & Performance
- Foundation Level: Omni-channel Marketing, Third Party Agency Management, Digital Experience Management, Systems Development for eCommerce
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree/ MBA a plus
- Knowledge of the industry, consumer electronics, and channel marketing
- Experience with Sales and partner management, P&L management of $xxx million + annual business(es), with at least 3 years of direct P&L accountability/management experience
- Travel requirements: 20%
- 7+ years of experience in Sales or Category Management, Merchandising, Product Marketing, Finance and Analytics
- Knowledge of consumables retail and financial planning