Product Manager 5 (Go to Market)
Product Manager 5
12 Months Contract
The main function of a product manager is to maximize sales, revenue, market share and profit margins by leading a team to deliver an end product. The typical product manager guides the delivery of a product through its life cycle.
Briefly describe the primary purpose of this position or why the position exists in one or two sentences.
The Product Marketing Specialist - Mobile accessories is responsible for end to end category management of new product launches for Samsung’s portfolio of Mobile Enhancement products such as Power, Cases and Audio accessories. Responsibilities include helping shape product portfolio through gathering of consumer insights and category knowledge; through the product inception and development process and then driving all go to market activities such as packaging design and marketing activities required to bring a new product to market.
Describe the five or six most important elements or responsibilities of the position as well as any key special projects or assignments. Include information related to the impact this position has on the organization and the responsibilities of the position to innovate procedures, services or products. For Expanded roles, please indicate which responsibilities are new. (For Expanded responsibilities please start with the word “New”)
Coordinates and executes strategic product marketing plans and programs. Coordinates and conducts go to market planning for assigned carriers and specific customers including:
- Project Management: Works cross functionally with HQ teams in Korea and SEA Operations to manage all aspects of product launches including launch timeline management, reporting, SKU setup, product packaging localization management, and tracking testing schedules
- Go to Market: Works with Samsung channel organization to sell in and launch the portfolio of Samsung mobile accessories including Wireless Charging, Phone and tablet covers and Audio products. Tasks include developing customer facing presentations, participating in meetings with customers, and product packaging development.
- Training: Works with training team to develop internal customer facing tools to accurately present product features and benefits and existing and new technologies. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Sample Management: Coordinate testing and MKT samples across category. Ownership of MKT sample management, including coordinating shipping to key customers and inventory management
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Sharp, results oriented go-getter who does whatever it takes to get the job done on time. 4+ years of work experience with 2+ years in product management or operations experience. Experience in the accessory space is a big plus.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
- Experience working with a geo-distributed team a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills, good organizational skills with an ability to multitask.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Education (include higher education, certifications, and whether required and/or preferred)
- Bachelors required
- Project management
- Go to Market,
- Sample management