Product Owner, Promotions
NY, New York
Title: Product Owner, Promotions
Location: New York, NY
Must Have: Digital Project experience
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Product Owner of Promotions is responsible for managing a backlog of generic and branded Promotions features, enhancements, in house Promotions tools, and maintenance across all brand sites, globally. He/She is also responsible for Production incidents, production escalations, scoping site enhancement requests, understanding business requirements and needs, and ensuring the operational integrity of the websites both in development and live. The Product Owner leverages their project management skills to perform the day-to-day management of projects/tasks/resources, but goes beyond this remit to work across the business in order to produce the final deliverable on time and to budget.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Global Promotions Features and Capabilities
- Project scoping in collaboration with brand teams
- Work closely with the assigned engineering team and scrum team to clearly understand the assumptions, background and risks for all allocated pieces of delivery
- Manage brand expectations within the confines of the allocated delivery projects – defining internal and external roles and responsibilities at project kick-off and ensuring communication is open, transparent and in line with the agreed communication plan
- Monitor the project team, ensuring that tasks are allocated and delivered according to the plan and escalate where a deviation to plan is likely
- Being commercially aware of all decisions made throughout a project lifecycle – understanding potential impact to the timescale and raise issues/concerns where appropriate
- Maintaining regular brand and production team meetings and where relevant 3rd party communication at all times ensuring that all methods of communication identified are provided when agreed
- Ensuring QA resource is available throughout the project, ensuring that the best use of resource at all times and is in line with the agreed delivery plan
- Acting as the guardian of all project documentation – ensure that all documentation is consistent and fit for purpose before being sent to the brands for review
- Acting as a quality gatekeeper for all brand deliverables – ensure that standards are met and that nothing goes to the brand that is not to standard
- Escalating issues/concerns immediately in order to avert projects running over time/budget
- Completing all required reports as identified and required in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that all risks and issues are communicated to Promotions Product Manager and appropriate stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with both the brand and the production team, ensuring that potential opportunities are identified and shared
- Track progress and negotiate deadlines
- 3+ years experience in delivering / producing digital projects.
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level or have relevant experience in their appropriate discipline and management experience.
- Work experience with offshore/nearshore/onshore model or domestic remote team a big plus
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment; ready to roll up sleeves and be hands on in troubleshooting.
- Must possess interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with various stakeholders
- Willingness to seek out answers when unclear, able to move through ambiguity
- Expert problem solving abilities
- Superior organizational skills
- Project management certification preferable