Job Title: Programmer/Analyst
Location: New Haven, CT 06473 (Remote option available)
Duration: 12+ Months
Top Skills Needed:
3. DB2/SQL Server (can omit DB2 if their SQL Skills are Excellent)
- Programmer Analyst design and develop system solutions to business needs, using senior-level tools and techniques. They Analyze, code, design, test, document and support the computer application software systems that are developed and maintained within the client as well as provide interfaces between internal and external parties. The Programmer Analyst mentors more junior staff and must foster a collaborative environment.
- Analyze new assignments and design/develops programming requirements and software specifications and serve as technical lead as assigned.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of software development, unit testing. May provide estimates for upgrades of vendor packages upgrades and integration with existing systems.
- Lead design of solutions with business analysts, business systems analysts, programmers, solution architects, and other team members.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to convey technical design accurately and concisely.
- Program and test all or selected components of complex applications. Integration with packaged solutions as needed.
- Analyze and resolve test result problems and debugs production issues.
- Assist with coordinating technical teams for work on project initiatives.
- Guide, train and mentor Programmer Analysts and other technical staff. May conduct peer reviews as needed for projects and initiatives.
- Gather, synthesize, and update documentation regarding technology processes or systems.
- Produces deliverables related to the project(s) and/or production support as assigned.
- Provide post-implementation support.
- On call and/or after-hours work required.
- Computer application software system design experience
- Knowledge of relevant business areas
- Experience in multi-system environment including both custom developed application and packaged solutions
- Ability to work as part of a project team, independently and guide other technical staff
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple initiatives
- Sound judgment in decision making
- Effectively participates in teams and moves the team toward completion of goals
- Ability to effectively resolve conflicts
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components, and APIs
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform advanced SQL queries
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook. Advanced skill in Excel including formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and macros.
- Understanding of REST & SOAP Web Service and how to uses SoapUI, REST API clients
- Education and Experience Qualifications
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years related work experience in systems analysis or programming or equivalent combination of training and experience
- ITIL Foundation certificate preferred