Project Coordinator I
IL, North Chicago
Shift Hours: 7am-3:30pm
Working with the Manufacturing Maintenance Team in Managing the development and implementation process of Maintenance Excellence Program improvements, procedures and processes.
Lead the efforts in making the needed changes to the program by creating reports, performing data mining and analysis and providing system updates to our maintenance management system.
- Developing processes and procedures for sustainability of the program and different aspects/pillars within MEP.
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
- Prepares project plans and schedules by using project management tools such as Microsoft Excel and Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
Will perform this job in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Will also assist and lead teams in developing and documenting procedures for maintenance tasks to be used as reference doc's and training material for technicians.
Top 5 skills/requirements:
• Required Skill 1: Proficient Computer skills
• Required Skill 2: Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Required Skill 3: Previous project coordinating experience
• Required Skill 4: Technical Writing Skills
• Required Skill 5: Good written and verbal communication skills
Years of experience, education, and/or certification. 1-2 years of project related experience. College related course can count towards years of experience.
Experience working in a technical environment with other Maintenance or Engineering groups.
This role will also include following technicians in the field to document tasks performed for creating new procedures and training material