CA, Mountain View
Engineering - Project Manager 4
Mountain View, CA
12 months contract
Samsung Ads is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Project Manager to join their Ads product team. This position will lead the planning, organizing, work streams, and deliverables of cross-functional teams working on a top priority product design and implementation. This position has accountability for governing the timely completion of deliverables through a standard project management framework consisting of PMO processes, common templates, controls and assurance activities as well as supporting project management tools and capabilities to meet the objectives of the business. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to move quickly and be flexible while delivering high-quality results. Having an eye for process improvement is critical as we will look to the Project Manager for input on how to evolve current processes.
- Structure and execute against strategic projects to solve for complex and ambiguous business issues for a global product organization.
- Optimize existing product processes and workflows that influence business outcomes, increases productivity, and improves overall product operations.
- Keep team/stakeholders informed and progressing. Produce documents/artifacts that communicate strategy, scope, status, timeline, task ownership, action items, risks, project dependencies and rollout planning.
- Use data and insights thoughtfully, incorporating the right data to illuminate problem(s), building understanding and insights, informing decision-making, and assessing measurable outcomes/improvements.
- Partner with internal and cross-functional teams to develop a project plan, identify dependencies and paths to resolution. Set and manage operating review cadence, and ensure initiatives are rolled out effectively to the team.
- 8 years of experience managing programs/projects across multiple regions, teams, and functions.
- Process management experience, with process optimization and program management expertise.
- AdTech experience a major plus
- Ability to think creatively but results focused, work from strategy to execution, and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with meticulous planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to be proactive, team-work oriented, and inspire trust by demonstrating sound judgment & integrity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
Top 3 Must Haves:
- Direct experience working as a project manager
- Experience at an adtech company preferred
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects in parallel, each of which sits across several teams and orgs within Samsung