The Information Security Project Manager will work closely with the Information Security team to deliver programs and projects focused on improving capabilities to detect, prevent & respond to cyber threats. The successful candidate will provide oversight for the program; ensuring project objectives are met while cost, quality and schedule are effectively managed through our strong project delivery process. Oversee multiple projects with limited supervision. Work with team to segment program/project objectives into manageable work efforts and collaborate with program/project stakeholders and program/project team members to ensure projects are documented, prioritized and executed to address program/project requirements. Set milestones and effectively coordinate activities of team to deliver on objectives.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job:
- Provide leadership in managing multiple and/or large scale high-risk projects.
- Manage the critical day-to-day operational elements of assigned programs/projects including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/organizational change management, value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value.
- Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success.
- Provide leadership by facilitating project definition, planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource planning to accomplish project objectives while managing applicable scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Manage internally with other project and department managers to secure appropriate resources and coordinate activities to successful delivery.
- Ensure smooth project progression by effectively defining/managing the project plan, phase gate reviews, change requests and stakeholder status reporting.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction for both project team and business partners while working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among stakeholders.
- Manage projects throughout the project lifecycle. Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process and take corrective action, as necessary.
- Interact with EPMO to ensure adherence to standards, governance and other applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies and quality control.
- Actively engage in development of all documentation for project.
- Mentor, coach and set direction for team members. Provide feedback to group managers regarding the work performance of members.
- Adhere to established internal procedures and guidelines
- Continue self-development of knowledge, skills and abilities to better support execution of the Information Security (IS) function
- Understand regulations and governmental initiatives impacting our technology, our environment and systems. Ensure proper understanding of actual and potential gaps. Propose effective practical response.
- Proven ability to direct the efforts of others using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office suite of tools
Other Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of common Information Security standards, controls and frameworks, such as ISO27001/ISO31000, NIST 800-100, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, OWASP, COBIT, NIST Cloud Computing security Architecture, NIST cybersecurity Framework
- Ability to undertake additional duties and responsibilities that may arise from time to time as directed
- Measure and report appropriate metrics (key risk and performance indicators) to measure the program and related projects
- Candidate should have broad knowledge and awareness of Information Security
- Communication skills including the ability to build relationships, build consensus, negotiate solutions, and guide customers through their decision process are highly desirable
- Relevant industry certification, such as CISSP, etc. is desired
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or technology-related field, or a related education and related training
- Ten years of experience in increasing complex project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle in an enterprise environment
- Extremely strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Goal-oriented, action-focused, good interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands
- Outstanding record of project management success
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to travel up to 20% (between NYC and NC)