Project Manager IT
This is Fayaz from Harvey Nash, please go through below job & if you are interested or looking for a job change, please reply with your updated resume
#16923 -Project Manager IT - Senior -Austin TX - 11 months
This role will be required to go into the Austin, TX office once we return to work. No relocation or travel costs will be covered by Client.
• You will lead software development projects of various size and complexity with overlapping/competing timelines from initiation to release leveraging waterfall, Agile or a hybrid methodology.
• You will partner with the business, architects, engineers and quality assurance teams to understand key delivery dependencies.
• You will collaborate with technology teams across Client Inc. to secure resource and project commitments to ensure that projects meet objectives and timelines.
• You will create and manage project plans, conduct reviews, remove impediments and manage change controls.
• You will manage project financials, including alignment to budget, forecast, and actuals.
• You will drive technical discussions, communicate complex issues and collaborate with technical and business stakeholders to achieve the project objectives/success criteria.
• You will manage and escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes that impede project delivery.
• You exhibit a passion for continuous improvement opportunities and will promote positive change in the organization.
• You will communicate project status in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder and senior management.
• You will ensure projects comply with Client's Project Management Methodology, compliance and controls and maintain quality project artifacts.
• You will participate in trainings, meetings, and events to continually grow your career as a project manager and within Client Inc.
• You will take ownership and accountability for your decisions, processes, and team involved in your project work.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Solid understanding of project management techniques, including both waterfall and agile methodologies, and best practices.
• Experience managing technology software development and or infrastructure projects.
• Drive projects from concept to implementation by managing day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of large-scale complex projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
• Work with business and technology subject matter experts to create accurate estimates, produce project charters and other documentation required for funding approvals and forecasting against approved budget.
• Manage and drive projects to achieve target scope and schedule while identifying and actively managing dependencies and impacts.
• Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigations, issues, project schedule, and change controls.
• Achieve project goals through effective communication with stakeholders at all management levels across Client, including architects and strategists, business partners, vendors, and senior management.
• Communicate project issues and risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder and senior management.
• Ensure projects comply with Client's Project Management Methodology and controls.
• Ten+ years of IT project management experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
• Solid understanding of Scrum events.
• Excellent verbal and written skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
• Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information.
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
• Ability to delegate tasks and ensure successful task completion and influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
• Strong leadership qualities, organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to effectively manage issues and complex situations.
• Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
• PMP certification preferred.
• Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) as well as project management, reporting, and Agile tools including Tableau, JIRA, Rally, MS Project, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, and Confluence.
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones