Project Manager - Non Certified
We are looking for Project Manager - Non Certified in Frankfort, KY (Long-term Indefinite Contract) please review the below job details and let me know your thoughts., Thanks!
Job title: Project Manager - Non Certified - OVSPM322
Location: Frankfort, KY (First 90 days on-site in Frankfort. After that three days in-office/two days remote job)
Duration: Long-term Indefinite contract
Client: Commonwealth of Kentucky
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Lead / Subject Matter Expert in Frankfort, Kentucky within the Vital Statistics Branch. Must be able to define a business problem, gather and document, work with IT Office staff to determine a business solution, and verify that the solution meets the requirements. If a technology solution is needed, work with technical staff to design the technical solution.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Lead the IT project from OVS business side and participate in requirements gathering/JAD sessions; working closely with Project Manager(s), SME's, Vendor, Programmers, and staff within the Vital Statistics Branch.
- Act as liaison between Vital Statistics Office and IT Office
- Participating in requirements gathering/JAD sessions for the Vital Statistics Branch;
- Working closely with OATS Project Manager(s), developer, SME's;
- Defining and reviewing requirements document, and use cases;
- Providing information/data for test cases;
- Reviewing comprehensive test cases at the application and multi-application levels, conducting and directing end-user testing responsibilities;
- Troubleshooting application and/or interfaces as problems arise;
- Analyse the report issues; and perform data quality assurance.
- Report application and/or interfaces as problems arise.
- Working with user community and vendors to meet implementation timeline.
- Support application/project go-live.
- Create high-level models identify and validate business processes and resolutions when appropriate.
- Administering communication activities with end-user training for system implementation.
- Assist with process improvement, discover issues and deliver better value.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to Vital Statistics staff.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of recent, relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Product Suites (Word, Excel, and Visio).
- 3-5+ years working in a lead/supervisor position.
- Experience defining business problems, gathering and documenting requirements, determining business solutions and verifying solutions meet requirements.
- Ability to handle extreme workloads with general direction.
- Relationship management and facilitation skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient problem solving skills.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Must be adaptable to change in a fast paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and in conjunction with team members.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion is essential.
- 3-5+ years working in a leadership/supervisor position.
- IT project SME experience