Project Manager (NYC)
NY, New York
The Client seeks an enthusiastic, driven and hardworking Project Manager to join our Professional Services Division.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering projects within a global environment. You will be required to manage and co-ordinate the end-to-end project activities from initiation to implementation including project set-up, kick-off, requirements analysis, solution design, build, test, production implementation, post implementation review, issue resolution, status reporting and lessons learned. You work on multiple projects while leading and co-coordinating cross-organisational teams responsible for the overall delivery of an assigned project.
You will also have responsibility in the development and implementation of an agile framework and implementing best practices.
Given the global reach of this role, international travel may be required.
- Project end-to-end ownership from initiation to customer handover and project closure
- Manage and own project delivery within budget, scope, quality and time requirements
- Responsible for project planning and resource allocation across multiple teams
- Risk & issues identification and management throughout the project
- Lead and participate in project teams to implement project deliverables/targets/milestones
- Forecast and report on actual revenue for each project
- Manage handover of project with customer and/or customer support
- Management of change throughout the project delivery
- Work with sales personal on pre-sales tasks towards a successful contractual agreement
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing IT projects and working on the vendor side
- Minimum 3 years' experience with enterprise software implementation projects
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Agile Methodology
- Significant business experience using various project and program management methodologies in a variety of environments
- Experience of software development processes
- Regulatory experience and proven knowledge of the financial services industry would be an advantage
- Degree in Business/Technology or equivalent
- Formal project qualification such as PMP or PRINCE2 qualified desirable