Seattle, WA (Leschi)
The company designs and distributes its leading products through mass retailers, department stores and independent retailers nationwide.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for purchasing & inventory management, and company-wide communications regarding inventory availability. The Purchasing Agent works closely with the Senior Purchasing Agent, VP of Operations, Product Managers, and Warehouse personnel.
- Ability to type and operate standard office equipment daily.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, sit at a desk.
- Lift up to 40lbs.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic purchasing procedures including issuing POs.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Microsoft Operating System and Office Applications, including strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Vendor relations experience.
- Proficient and accurate ten-key and keyboard data entry.
- Document management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Time-management, prioritization and organizational skills.
Goals of position:
- Ensure that purchased materials are shipped and delivered on time.
- Contribute to the integrity of company purchases through verification and maintenance of all processes.
- Maintain inventory levels such that all users are informed of item status and are provided with applicable reporting as needed.
- Maintain open and consistent communication with vendors to proactively address production issues.
- Keep item details up to date and accurate across all programs, and inform all necessary parties of important changes.