QA Automation Engineer
NY, New York
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer for a long-term contract position with our client in NYC. The role requires extensive experience in developing Selenium framework, integrated with java & JUnit. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail oriented, flexible, extremely organized individual that can multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines. The primary duties of the QA Automation Lead Engineer are to develop automated test scripts and provide manual testing support in two weeks release cycle.
Please review the job details below and send qualified resumes to email@example.com. Must be able to attend onsite interview in NYC. No 3rd party candidates.
- Proven ability to design, develop, implement, and execute test cases based on requirements
- Very high attention to detail, completeness, and an eye towards process and quality improvement always
- Creating, managing and owning QA Automation environments
- Experience with source control systems, configuration and build management
- Strong DB skills of writing complex queries and implementing in test validation script
- Develop, debug, & maintain automated test scripts continuously
- Execute Functional, Regression, GUI Testing, 3rd party Integrations and end to end testing
- Log and manage defects in Jira
- Day to day collaboration with off shore team on QA tasks and deliverables
- Support day to day promotion, content and product launches to the site.
- Proficient with Agile/SCRUM Methodology and SDLC
- Strong Excel spreadsheet experience (creating test cases and documentation)
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Work with Support/Dev/Sales Teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Reporting QA test status to QA Manager
- 5-8 years of overall experience in QA, testing and delivering software
- 6+ years of experience with developing hybrid automation framework (Selenium, Junit, Cucumber)
- Solid understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Strong understanding and knowledge on creating test plan, test cases and test scripts
- Good understanding of Java concepts and technologies, Java EE web standards, web containers (Apache Tomcat), Git Hub, clustering and communication & Java Security.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Zephyr Tool
- Proficiency developing automated unit and integration tests and continuous integration.
- Experience in Cucumber, Appium or Perfecto
- Familiarity with Sales Force Commerce Cloud is a plus++
- Experience with testing mobile applications
- Excellent understanding in Cloud and large-scale distributed system is a plus
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS is a plus
- E-commerce background preferred
- Experience in testing web-based client/server software
- Must possess strong testing, analytical, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team-player attitude and the ability to work in a multi-tasking cross-collaborative fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work extended hours or off-hours when needed
- Bachelors or master’s degree in related field