QA Automation Engineer (Core Java/OOP)
Job Title: QA Automation Engineer
Location: New York New York 10018 (Remote option available)
Duration: 03+ Contract (Strong potential to go long)
QA Automation Engineer
- The QA Automation Engineer will need extensive experience as an automation and technical engineer working on cloud-based systems.
- The primary duties of the QA Automation Engineer are to re-develop automation test regression scripts
- This individual will be responsible for 20% manual & 80% automation testing to support the site.
- They have a framework, but the person will need to be able to develop scripts from scratch with no direction or training
- Need hands on experience in ecommerce or retail
- Java experience is important, write scripts from scratch and deliver stories
- Should know some programming, entry to mid-level. Not advanced
- Need to understand web and mobile and customer flow and how the customer experience is on their mobile app and web.
- If they have experience with 3rd party integrations like Loyalty programs and Subscription services that would be great. They want to hear about the flow between the home-grown apps and the 3rd party apps.
- Should know core java well and OOP
- 3+ years of strong software testing and quality assurance experience preferably in retail and e-commerce domain.
- 3+ years of Experience with Java, Maven, Selenium, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber and Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Java concepts and technologies
- Should be well versed with domain knowledge around B2C business to customer applications and solutions.
- Must be familiar with Web & Mobile application testing
- Must understand 3rd party integration implementations
- Proficient in Bitbucket and version controlling
- Experience in working with BDD Hybrid Framework
- Must be experienced with Agile methodology
- Knowledgeable in de-bugging and troubleshooting with code conflicts
- Hands on experience on developing automation scripts based on functional requirements using current framework with sustainable logic.
- Good understanding in Cloud and large-scale distributed system.
- Familiarity with Sales Force Commerce Cloud is a plus
- Preferable to have basic Jenkins knowledge
- Must have experience using JIRA.
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats & efficient with time management.
- Should be able to work independently with minimal hand holding and support test lead wherever required
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Should be able to create basic status reports to provide view on progress on testing activities, defects and risks.
- Team player, able to effectively communicate across the organization
- Responsible for testing of Salesforce apps: Functional testing, Regression Testing, Deployment testing, Selenium, Manual and Automation Testing.
- Responsible for mobile application testing: Manual and through Automated scripts.
- Will be designing & developing functional automated scripts for web and mobile applications
- Will be designing & developing promotional automated scripts to support business
- Will be supporting promotional events/ releases during special sale events
- Will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing existing scripts.
- Develop code libraries and utilities required for End-to-End automation.
- Schedule and analyze automation executions, troubleshoot, triage, and report issues based on test failures.
- Create defects based on application failure
- Work with Onsite QA automation Manager and offshore QA automation team.
- Ensure all QA deliverables are up to quality standards.
- Create process documentations on test-automation flow
- Manage automated test tools and repository.
- Will train Manual resource on execution and analyzing automated scripts