QA Engineer (Sr and Mid)
Must be Green Card holder or US Citizen and must be local to Washington!
QA Engineer II and III
Direct hire/Full time paid hourly
Summary: As a member of the Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) Product Development Group, the Senior QA Engineer will come with a strong technical background and understanding of 3GPP Wireless protocols and standards with a focus in LTE & 5G protocols. The engineer will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of creating robust test plans and implementing test execution strategies for verifying device integrated software and wireless protocols.
- Responsible for testing performance, stability, power consumption, UAT of FWA gateway devices
- Write and perform test cases based on technical feature set of wireless DUT(s)
- Design and document test architecture for complex test beds to measure RF signal metrics and bandwidth performance of wireless DUTs.
- Measure and test device LTE & 5G performance metrics and KPIs
- Responsible for device level feature testing, lab and field environment testing.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and root cause analysis, performance optimization testing.
- Testing devices at various stages of hardware and software development including prototype hardware
- Drive defect reproduction and analysis, detailed logs collection, and issue resolution with ODM/OEM Vendors
- Prepare detailed test reports (weekly cadence)
- Track issues and tasks progresses in JIRA
- Responsible for signoff on shippable/production software
- 5+ years’ experience; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Has previously worked in a role testing either mobile devices, mobile hotspots, LTE gateway devices
- Exposure to one or more of following radio access technologies: 5G NR, LTE, WCDMA, CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO (Rev 0/A/B), GSM/GPRS is desirable
- Working knowledge of core Routing and Switching protocols – IPv4/IPv6, TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, VPN, Firewall
- Knowledge of Hardware and Software Development Lifecycle
- Deep understanding of 3GPP (LTE/5G) and non-3GPP Wireless technologies e.g. Wi-Fi (802.1x), LTE, 5G, ZigBee, and Z-Wave at the protocol and architecture level
- Experience working with overseas ODM/OEM engineering teams.
- Experience with automation test tools
Additional Tools: JIRA, Confluence