Radio Systems Technician (# 5679)
We’re in search of an experienced Radio Systems Technician with years of experience in the maintenance and repair of trunked digital two-way radio communications systems and equipment
Here are some of the specific details:
Job Title: Information Systems Advisor 1 – Radio
Location: Nashville, TN
Duration: 6 Months (Contract to hire)
MUST HAVE skills (Few bullet points highlighting the must have’s):
· This position performs technical and professional duties involved in the daily operations, management, and support of Metro’s 800MHz Public-Safety Radio Systems and subscriber radio equipment. This is a high-level technical position with the ability to facilitate resolutions across multiple divisions for Client Government of Nashville & Davidson County.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Maintains complex radio system infrastructure equipment and operating systems within manufacturer’s specifications and the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission.
· Responsible for the operation and on-going support of radio network servers including data storage and peripherals
· Leads or assists in developing purchase specifications
· Responsible for the management and repair of all hardware, software, tools, and peripherals
· Ensures system is updated and patched
· Ensures system security compliance
· Coordinates third party activities
· Documents and tests the backup and recovery of operating systems and system data
· Coordinates the backup and recovery of radio applications and associated testing
· Responsible for the planning, build and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures
· Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in technical area and in multiple disciplines
· Communicates with customers to explore problem areas or opportunities for improvement and escalates to management as appropriate
· Leads efforts across multiple functional areas to develop and implement solutions to complex enterprise issues
· Leads the creation and maintenance of standard practices, policies, and procedures specific to functional area
· Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
ITS is a 24x7 information technology shop. Applicant must be willing and available to perform duties as required by the job. This may include occasional work on nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
· High School Diploma and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of trunked digital two-way radio communications systems and equipment.
· FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License and/or other industry recognized technician certification (APCO, PCIA). Amateur (HAM Radio) licenses are not considered acceptable for this requirement.
· State of Tennessee Class ‘D’ Drivers License.
· 3-5 years of experience in the technical operation of modern trunked digital two-way radio communications systems and subscribers
· Knowledge of proper troubleshooting, repair, and adjustment techniques involved in electronic maintenance.
· Knowledge of, and formal training on multi-channel trunked simulcast radio systems
Let me know if you are interested in this job and/or if you can assist us by referring someone who is interested in this job, since we offer the lucrative referral bonuses.
A reasonable, good-faith estimate of the minimum and maximum for this position is $45 to $50
Benefits will also be available and details are available at the following link: Harvey Nash Benefits
I am looking forward to speaking with you today.
Harvey Nash is a national, full-service talent management firm specializing in technology positions. Our company was founded with a mission to serve as the talent partner of choice for the information technology industry.
Our company vision has led us to incredible growth and success in a relatively short period of time and continues to guide us today. We are committed to operating with the highest possible standards of honesty, integrity, and a passionate commitment to our clients, consultants, and employees.
We are part of Nash Squared Group, a global professional services organization with over forty offices worldwide.
For more information, please visit us at https://www.harveynashusa.com/