This is Fayaz from Harvey Nash, please go through below job & if you are interested for this position , please reply with your updated resume
#16631-Release Manager- Foster City CA - 1 year
Release Manager is responsible for driving various teams, both internal and external, to deliver product development features to the market on a monthly cadence. This position is responsible for identifying product rollout requirements including infrastructure, internal operations, external operations, training, etc., and then developing and executing against a project plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the software development life cycle from inception to production launch and postproduction support. This position requires a strong program manager familiar with the challenges that typically confront technology projects, limited resources, conflicting priorities, scope creep, time slippage, etc., and that can work through these challenges, escalating when necessary, and only after exhausting options with internal/external stakeholders.
• Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science and/or relevant experience
• 7+ years of experience with at least 2 years related to program, project and release management/engineering
• Experience in Deployment management; both Production and Non-Production Systems
• Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve results
• Experience with environment build-out, prep, installs, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Must have experience with SCM tools (GIT, JIRA, WIKI, BAMBOO, JENKINS, BUILDFORGE)
• Must have good understanding build/deployment process and CI/CD Pipeline
• Proven ability to make sound Risk Management decisions balancing a low tolerance for risk with the need to deliver complex business solutions
• Good communication skills: written and oral, Active listening, seeking to understand others views, communicating at the appropriate level for the audience
• Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
• Good troubleshooting Skills
• Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
• Manage Deployment/Release windows both Production and Non-Production environments
• Collaborating across global business and technology organizations, providing sound analysis and change leadership. Building and maintaining strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with Business
• Partners, internal staff and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives and requirements across the enterprise.
• Provide comprehensive consultation to stakeholders regarding long and short range release delivery requirements and recommend innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and information technology.
• Provide governance and technical guidance on software components registered for certification and release vehicles. Need to have detail understanding of web applications, database, and infrastructure and configuration management to provide risk analysis on release provided to product team on business decisions.
• Drive implementation of tested system changes with global distributed teams to determine priorities, schedule new builds and releases, and maintain the environment / build planning
• Drives improvement opportunity session with senior stakeholders related to release management, configuration management, release engineering, environment management, and security management.
• Provides problem resolution support, specific to systems and server issues; identifies and resolves system/server problems, coordinating with application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem definition.
• Maintains direct knowledge of all operations management and technical processes, procedures, quality standards, and status of service delivery for all operations-related activities. Proposes systems management process improvements and additions.
• Develop and maintain a high degree of system knowledge of the products.
• Responsible for managing distributed teams across multiple regions and product areas
• Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives, leading global teams at distributed locations preferred
• Interfacing with external business stakeholders.
• Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
• Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
• Familiarity with software release management and deployment (Git, CI/CD)
• Solid understanding of DevOps principles and practice