Sales Operations Analyst
NJ, Ridgefield Park
Business Analyst 2(Senior Analyst - Sales Operations – Category Support)
Ridgefield Park, NJ (possibility of extension)
6 months contract (remote until offices re-open)
Sales Operations is a department within the Consumer Business Division of Samsung Electronics America and is responsible for all sales reporting and analytics for the National and Regional Sales Offices. The responsibilities of the Senior Analyst role will include, but are not limited to, Sales Budgeting, Reporting on Key Performance Indicators, Program Management, Accrual reconciliations, P&L Analysis, etc. The preferred candidate will have experience supporting Sales, is comfortable managing large data sets, has strong attention to detail, has a creative problem-solving mindset, and has strong communication and technical skills. They will work cross-functionally across sales, product marketing, supply chain and finance, with the primary objective of enabling sales leadership to make effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile monthly accruals to ensure accuracy and partner with cross functionally to close any gaps.
- Continuously develop and deploy tools and processes that support the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Standardize, create, manage and provide weekly reports and analysis of the business results to Sales, Product Marketing and Supply Chain teams, as well as our customers.
- Manage weekly/monthly revenue dashboard to executive team to provide visibility into sales performance across all regions and product categories.
- Lead and facilitate buying group program related reporting and payment calculations as a subject matter expert and liaison to the sales organization. Partner with product marketing to ensure funding accruals and facilitate payment to customers.
- Anticipate future business requirements; perpetually measure the pulse of the organization and their department objectives to ensure cohesion of strategic priorities.
- Ensure stakeholders receive information necessary to perform and continuously improve revenue and profitability.
- Serve as expert resource on internal processes and procedures and ensure compliance in sales activities.
Top 3 must have skills:
- Intermediate to expert level technical skills in Microsoft Suites (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and Tableau – Working knowledge of Alteryx a plus
- Meticulous with data accuracy and on-time accountability of analytical tasks
- Excellent communication skills with high-sense of time/priority management
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of directly related experience is required. Prior operational experience in technology sales, business development and/or OEMs and Carrier sales.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to schedule, prioritize and communicate actions and results as needed. Must have strong attention to detail.
- Diplomatic approach to solving complex problems
- Possess the ability to effectively leverage and interact with various teams throughout the organization
- At least intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas) and proficient in Access, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- At least intermediate proficiency in business systems for data automation and executive dashboard creations (SAP, Alteryx, Tableau)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Experience developing presentations, and communicating with internal as well as the customer’s executive management team is essential.
- Must be able to work well under the pressure of timelines, and demonstrate a sense of urgency when driving for results.
- Strong Team-work, able to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment. Also have the ability to take the initiative to get a project done, independently as needed.
- Prior experience with consumer electronic products and existing relationships with key account preferred.