SAP Functional Consultant
IL, Traveling Consulting
Our client is looking for a Principal Consultant who will contribute by bringing demonstrated skills in consulting, SAP functionality, IT strategy, and project management. You will work with a team to develop executable recommendations that align tangible initiatives to business goals and plan and manage various functional work streams for large-scale SAP programs. You will apply industry trends, proven practices, and experience to help define and implement outcome-based strategies.
• Provide critical thinking and influence by helping to link client strategic agendas to the resulting execution plan. Provide guidance and counsel in the development of long-range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
• Provide the direct link between the client business organization and IT to listen, collaborate, prioritize, and advise the client on the best solution options to achieve the desired business results. Ability to synthesize many ideas into big-picture views that show the connection between business intention, business action, and IT needs.
• Plan and execute SAP blueprinting workshops and solution fit/gap exercises.
• Manage client and 3rd party teams to create business operations and process documentation. Plan and execute workshops to optimize current state business processes and/or fit with a client’s current technology ecosystem.
• Collaborate with solution architects to evaluate design alternatives, provide solution options, and recommend the right solution to the client.
• Manage client and third-party teams to take user requirements, design the appropriate solution, and carry through the full solution delivery lifecycle. Manage client and third-party teams to create all necessary documentation, including, but not limited to, application architecture, config rationale documents, functional designs, and business process flows.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of solution delivery lifecycle standards, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies.
• Develop or manage teams to establish business cases or return-on-investment models for corresponding programs, projects, or initiatives.
• Define the data elements shared between each business segment at the client and the relationship between those data elements, including core impact to people, process, systems, and other data elements.
• Assist other teams in establishing the master and transactional data cleansing, conversion, and validation strategies and plans. Assist other teams in planning and executing technical cutovers, go-lives, and multisite deployments.
• Navigate complex stakeholder environments to plan, execute, and support large transformation programs.
• Contribute to cross-functional programs and provide subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformations.
• Oversee and provide direction to multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of the organization from analyst-level to C-level executives.
• 5+ years previous management consulting experience at a major business consulting firm preferred
• 5+ years previous consulting experience in an SAP business analyst or functional role
• Functional knowledge in SAP, with a specific focus in Sales and Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Material Management, Production Planning, and Financial Accounting
• Hands-on working knowledge of SAP transactions and processes
• A minimum of 2 full lifecycle SAP implementations
• Takes ownership and delivers results in challenging, client-facing environments
• Team player possessing a collaborative mindset
• Maintains a flexible and open-minded attitude and strong interpersonal team skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially those demonstrated through effective management consulting
• Strong academic performance with at least a bachelor’s degree
• Willing to travel 80% for client projects
• Understanding of and experience with the full software development lifecycle, including functional and technical specifications, implementation, QA processes, deployment and maintenance
• Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning, and analysis
• Eagerness to stay up to date on latest technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship