Scrum Master (Payments & Banking/Financial Exp.) (# 5784)
Job Title: Scrum Master (Payments & Banking/Financial Exp.)
Location: New York NY 10281 or Winston-Salem, NC 27107
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”
Must Have : Scrum Master, IT - Payment/Banking/Finance project, CA PPM (clarity)
- The Scrum Master position reports to the VP, Application Development, PMO.
- This role will provide day-to-day hands-on project management for various projects in support of application development.
- The Scrum Master will have an in-depth knowledge and experience with complex IT solutions, Agile and Scrum Methodology, a proven track record of delivering projects on-time and within budget and serves as a key resource within the team to ensure overall success of the project deliverables.
- Proficient as a Scrum Master with 3-to-4-year experience in IT/Financial Services
- Proficient in Agile process – Running daily standups, Backlog grooming sessions, facilitating sprint sessions.
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence
- Strong “hands-on” technology project management skills
- Experience in the full SDLC process
- Ability to work cross organizationally to ensure overall success of the project.
- Ability to develop and manage project financial plans and budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Hands-on working experience with CA PPM (clarity)
- Expertise with Microsoft Project
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- B.S. degree in Business Management, MIS or equivalent
- Strong facilitation skills with working committees and steering committees
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite
- Positive track record of delivering large scale complex projects & initiatives.
- Ability to communicate with highly technical/quantitative as well as non-technical partners.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence by anticipating needs, mitigating risks and minimizing potential problems.
- Strong attention to detail
- Scrum Master Certification
- PMP Certification
- Banking and payments experience, especially knowledge of SWIFT, FED, CHIPS or ACH
- 5-7 years’ experience in technology project management and 3-to-4-year Scrum Master Experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for promoting agile product delivery by facilitating tasks across the scrum team needed to deliver the product and ensuring progress and obstacles are communicated to the product owner
- Finalize PI plan (including capacity, load, draft PI objectives, test plan, risk and dependencies)
- Conduct PI retrospective from current PI
- Manage Jira board, schedule scrum agile cadences, and maintain document repository
- Conduct daily stand up and update Jira board
- Conduct sprint demo and sprint retrospective
- In collaboration with Product Management, Operations & Technology, manage projects through their complete lifecycle.
- Assist with requirements documentation, User Story creation, develop detailed project plans, and identify tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Track milestones and dependencies, ensure on-time completion of tasks from all groups.
- Proactively identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues.
- Ensure PMO processes are followed, all relevant artifacts are produced and filed properly.
- Manage and report on project financials.
- Keep senior management apprised of project status and communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Program Management Office to provide project status.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and external clients.
- Ability to drive tasks to completion, attention to details, and be well organized.
- Ability to influence project participants to achieve successful outcomes.
- Physical demands and work environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
A reasonable, good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum base salary for this position is $130,000 - $145,000 per year.
Pay will be determined by the role, experience, skill set and location. For eligible positions, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded contingent on personal and company performance.
Our benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k plan with company contribution and company match, tuition reimbursement and more.