Type: Direct Hire
We're the pioneer in patient relationship management software and services for cancer care. The company has developed the first patient-centered oncology platform that improves the care delivery model for patients, providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers. By putting patients at the center of their care, providers become economically viable in value-based payment models, payers and at-risk providers reduce the total cost of cancer care, and pharmaceutical manufacturers improve medication adherence for their life-saving treatments. Most importantly, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and preferences.
The company is backed by industry-leading patient satisfaction ratings and currently supports over a million patients, thousands of care providers, dozens of pharmaceutical manufacturers, and several payer models nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction, and drive better outcomes.
Responsible for developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain and are aligned with the vision and strategy NC’s core platform and digital solutions. The role requires addressing the current challenges involving scale and security as we continue to grow. This is an opportunity to get be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Architect, design and develop modern cross-platform front-end solution that are scalable and secure.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate with UX team to prototype the user experience during the design phase
- Enable and delivery the company’s vision and strategy by supporting and guiding team members through technology and architecture changes.
- Mentor and provide input to team members and other analysts to help define the team's vision, design and execute analytic projects from start-to-finish, inform technical direction, and support reporting of accomplishments.
- Evaluate a product experience holistically, from high level product architecture to the specifics of how individual features would fit together
- Lead in determining and balancing short- and long-term technical needs, objectives, and approaches to projects, propose create solutions and strategies to address business challenges
- Balance time between directly working on development and supervising / maintaining the quality of work from other contributors on your team
- Adhere to our team's coding standards for readability, efficiency, and maintainability (this includes creating documentation and performing unit testing)
- Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions
- 8+ years of software development experience (ideally w/experience in Web development, responsive apps in a product or healthcare environment)
- Proven experience leading teams and mentoring other developers in previous roles
- Strong experience in constructing visualizations that are able to depict vast amounts of data
- Strong experience in legacy systems conversion
- Proven experience in developing flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Demonstrated practice w/test-driven/behavior-driven product development
- Ability to write, audit, and improve our test coverage
- Passion about the way you develop software, a keen desire to write clean, precise unit testing for front-end and back-end services
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of integrated development practices and experience directly collaborating with design teams
- Experience or familiarity solving problems across a heterogeneous (multiple technology) platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- Prior experience in developing multi-tenant SaaS solutions or products
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must
- Strong experience with source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models.
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time, in our downtown Seattle office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Come join our team and make a difference!
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.