SDE Mobile Lead - iOS/Android/Java/Swift
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – MOBILE TECHNICAL LEAD
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Come join us and use your talents for good
Are you passionate about technology and do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Do you care about public safety? This company's mission is to ProtectLife. Their products focus on reducing social conflict, obsoleting the bullet, and accelerating truth and justice. That motivates us every single day. Why not join us to bring new technologies to public-safety and leave a positive impact on the world?
We cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. If you have the passion and the technical skills, you will fit right in.
Mobile Applications Are Essential
Our existing mobile applications are an essential part of fulfilling our mission. They capture acquires digital evidence (photos, videos, audio) and uploads to evidence.com for later processing. It's a big time saver. View configures body-worn cameras, displays live streams, and lets officers review and tag collected videos. Device Manager scans and identifies equipment to allow for quick management and assignment. These applications continue to evolve and there is abundant opportunity for future apps.
You Are a Great Fit as a Senior Mobile App Developer and Tech Lead
As a Senior application developer you will first scale up within our existing iOS and Android applications and learn our ecosystem, from wirelessly interfacing with our cameras and other hardware to invoking our services for secure retrieval and storage of the most important information in the world. You'll craft your own features and come to appreciate the great team-based work-environment we have, where everyone is enthused by and dedicated to the mission.
In time, you'll step into the role of the Mobile Technical Lead. You will continue to be responsible for your own features and will also leverage your experience and wisdom to direct the path of the mobile developers. You will assess the mobile applications' space within the ecosystem of devices to services. You will ensure all of the dots are connected between teams and that technical designs are solid and that progress is being made. Your success will be aided by your excellent communication and influencing skills, along with your ability to simplify concepts geared towards crafting on-time, high-quality shipping solutions.
- You have a degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering.
- You have 5+ years of experience crafting and shipping high quality mobile iOS/Android applications.
- You are experienced at developing + shipping native mobile applications and supporting them. When it comes to iOS and Android platforms, you at least have deep native experience in one of the platforms and have worked in the other (or you're motivated to dive in and learn).
- You have achieved mastery of an application language such as Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, C++, Golang.
- Your experience shows robust understanding of client application design and architecture. You have consistently crafted designs for significant features and worked through the dependencies, implementation, and evolution.of your work to ship features that customers love. You focus on getting the right work done and positively encourage others to have that same focus.
- You are motivated to lead. You have had consistent positive influence by pro-actively leading decision making and the technical direction for your product team. You easily work with your team members and foster their problem solving and growth.
- Multiple times in the past you have scaled up in new technology and shipped with that technology. You have a curiosity about technology and a mindset to learn new tools and techniques to improve your product and team.
- You consistently provide insightful code reviews and are adept at team tools like Git and Jira.
- You have experience creating and optimizing reliable networked features, such as developing against authenticated web services.