SDE (Ruby on Rails)
Senior Software Engineer - Product Team
We build great products that improve how companies work together. We are a close-knit, nimble team helping millions of customers around the world to work more effectively. We make secure file sharing services that enable businesses of all sizes to get deals done faster & delight their clients.
We are looking for a proven Senior Rails Developer to join our Product team. The ideal candidate will have broad experience architecting, developing, and maintaining full-stack web projects and possess a solid understanding of CS fundamentals. We look for people with great instincts who are not afraid to make mistakes and will strive to produce polished code via test-driven development. We’re not weighed down by multiple layers of management; you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact with your work.
This position is full-time and based in our Seattle office.
- Build fast and resilient product features, systems, and experiences
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Translate complex problems, customer needs, and business objectives into actionable development goals
- Take full ownership of development projects from concept, through implementation and iteration, to deployment and maintenance
- Work closely with Designers to define feature specifications and bring your ideas to life
- Mentor Developers and distill expertise and best practices to the team
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Solid CS fundamentals
- At least 4 years of experience developing full-stack web projects
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Previous experience with Ruby on Rails or another modern web application framework
- Familiarity with Git or another modern version control system
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the things you work on
- Detail-oriented practices with pragmatic views towards shipping
- Ability to give and receive direct feedback in a professional manner
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- A positive attitude
- Experience developing large-scale web products
- Experience leading or managing a team of developers
- Experience with Elasticsearch, HAProxy, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, or Memcached
- Experience working with operations to build and scale back-end infrastructure
- Experience with HTML and S/CSS
- Experience working at a SaaS company
We believe healthier people create healthier software. We operate sane office hours, take appropriate coffee breaks, stock the place with a bevy of healthy snacks, and provide gym memberships so you can work out during the day.
- Brand new office downtown: great view of Elliot Bay, open floor plan, stocked kitchen
- -Working hard, having fun!
- Flexible hours, vacation time – lax environment
- Gym or CrossFit memberships complimentary
- Everyone gets 3 weeks of flex time per year. Vacation, sick days, etc all deduct from your flex bucket. Everyone also gets 5 additional flex days for Christmas - New Year break. Some take the entire week between those two holidays off; some spread those 5 days across multiple weeks.
- Big on Work/Life Balance
- Dogs in office occasionally
- Health Focused (team regularly works out together)
- Genuine is the best word to describe their people