SDET (Remote Role)
Type: Permanent opportunity
Location: Remote (east coast hours).
Must Have: Python, API testing
“US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time”.
Backup Agents run as a background service/daemon, serving requests from backup appliances; enforcing synchronization between business applications and physical storage; and creating point-in-time snapshots.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a highly skilled, technical problem solver; a team player; and have a passion for software quality and customer advocacy. You understand full technology stack and enjoy digging into code. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment utilizing the latest technology.
You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance with the ability to read and understand code, and verify acceptance criteria
A Look Inside the Job:
• Participate as a quality ambassador, engineer, and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
• Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
• Identify test strategies that transition into detailed test specifications for existing and new features
• Ensure/advocate for delivery of automated tests as part of the development lifecycle as well as participating in the implementation of automated tests
• Participate in release processes for your assigned projects
• Drive effective and open communication regarding test timelines, schedules and status reports, issues, risk, and product quality across all levels of the engineering and product organizations
• Provide mentorship with your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
• Ability to maintain a dynamic, complex, and ever-changing test environment
• Bring a fresh perspective by recommending improvements to the QA methodology
• Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Experience identifying opportunities for automation and implementing automated test cases, Python and Pytest Framework experience preferred
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience with software configuration management and version control (GitLab a plus)
• Experience testing APIs (cURL, Postman, etc) and implementing API automated testing
• Proficient with Linux and shell scripting (equivalent Windows/PowerShell knowledge a plus)
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
• Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
• Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and have experience working with a cloud solution
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience