Senior Automation Test Engineer
Our Chicago-based client designing and manufacturing switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution is looking for a Senior Automation Test Engineer.
· Develop and establish the specifications and requirements for the development of automated test systems and equipment to meet specified product test requirements.
· Architecting complex automated test systems.
· Design, develop, build, program, and implement automated test systems for given products.
· Interacting with contract manufacturing teams to analyze and use quality feedback and data to improve product testing processes.
· Assessing existing production test systems equipment and suggesting opportunities for improvement, using tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, and performance testing.
· Creating test cases, test plans, test APIs, test VI’s, and LabView test programs to implement the product test requirements and test cases in the automated test systems.
· Escalating unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams and leadership.
· Preparing and conducting the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plans, Commissioning Test plans, and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) plans for automated test systems.
· Preparing Automation Test Plans and training Product Engineering, Production, and Contract Manufacturing Operations team members in standard work for operating the automated test systems.
· Interfacing with internal and external test equipment designers to ensure that all product test specifications and test system specifications are met.
· Coaching, training, mentoring and reviewing the work of less experienced team members.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· 11 to 15 years of experience designing and developing automated final unit and component test systems including printed circuit board functional test systems for production using LabVIEW software and National Instruments hardware.
· Experience in medium/high volume manufacturing of highly reliable electronic, electrical and mechanical systems.
· Well-versed in DFM/DFT techniques.
· Experience with tolerance analysis, GD&T, FEA, and FMEA.
· Proficiency in using lab instrumentation (scopes, DMMs, logic analyzers, network analyzers, etc.).
· Prefer candidates with experience designing and troubleshooting digital and mixed-signal electronic circuits, printed circuit board assemblies, programming, testing and debugging large-scale digital systems that include FPGAs, CPUs, DSP’s and various logic and interface circuitry.
· Ability to work hands-on, independently, and in cross-functional, multi-cultural project teams.
· Ability to interface with internal customers and stakeholders to define project scope, requirements and plans.
· Experience as a Test System Architect.
· Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, specifically ISO:9001.
· Ability to use Microsoft products, CAD, schematic and board layout tools such as Allegro, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Zuken E3, AutoCAD, Visio.
· Experience using agile management and defect tracking tools (Confluence, JIRA).
· Enthusiasm, drive, a sense of urgency with strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and teaming skills.
· Proven ability to manage working on multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
· Ability to travel
If interested, feel free to contact me at email@example.com