Senior Contracts Specialist
Senior Contracts Specialist -South San Francisco ,CA -1 year
Senior Contract Associate Specialist (SE6)
Over a decade ago, Client founded the Development Sciences Contracts (“DSC”) team, comprised of experienced contract strategists in contract life cycle management. DSC’s ethos is enabling science to help patients, while doing what is right for our organization.
DSC is seeking a talented and detail-oriented contract negotiator to join its all-star team. This stakeholder-facing, independent and collaborative negotiator will support DSC’s portfolio of agreements in furtherance of Client’s pipeline. Working directly with internal and external business and legal personnel, this individual will draft, negotiate, and execute contracts while ensuring the best position on behalf of Client.
Demonstrated experience and a track record of success in:
Drafting and negotiating a wide scope of contracts from initiation to closeout;
Developing and implementing contract risk mitigation strategies;
Working with stakeholders and different departments which may include business development, procurement, finance, legal and compliance;
Solid interpersonal, listening, and communicative skills to ensure consistent transparency among all stakeholders and business teams;
A United States law degree (J.D.);
8 + years of contract drafting and negotiation experience.
- Draft, negotiate, and execute a variety of different type of agreements, including but not limited to, service, software, collaboration, and consortium agreements;
-Support day-to-day business operations while engaging in teamwork with DSC and different departments;
- Work closely with DSC, stakeholders, and different departments to identify, incorporate, and initiate process improvements based on evolving contract and project demands;
- Analyze complex contract positions that deviate from company’s general business standard and balance risk tolerance of such positions while maintaining company’s business standards;
-Independently exercise business judgment and strategize contract risk mitigation solutions while upholding company’s business standards and best practice;
- Contribute to development and improvement of contract templates, playbooks, and guidance documents;
- Exhibit a “can-do” outlook and positivity in this position.