Senior Data Architect
Our client in Yonkers, NY has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Data Architect.
The Data Architect will support the Director Data Architecture & Engineering in defining a vision, strategy and principles for enterprise-wide customer data management including defining standards and governance. This position is responsible for ensuring that technology solutions optimally support the long range goals for Engagement and that our data management projects are aligned with those business needs. In addition, this position interfaces with all data stakeholders to ensure that all consumer data is shareable and aligned with applications that support consumer facing processes.
- Assists in defining a vision, strategy and principles for enterprise-wide consumer data.
- Responsible for day to day management of the Data Hub (DH) including the re-architecture of any data structures, data feeds or APIs used by the DH, if required.
- Interfaces with the vendor for the DH to ensure that our data needs are being met by the hosted solution.
- Ensures that the various data inflows and outflows in the DH meet the needs of all the data stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Ensures that embedded analytics in the DH are sufficient for the needs of users and recommends improvements as needs change.
- Stays abreast of evolving technology in the area of big data processing and translation into information that is aligned with business needs.
- Responsible for designing and enforcing a governance process to ensure that all data used in the DH meets enterprise standards, including the documentation of metadata for enterprise-wide use.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not those of a higher level.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7-10 years equivalent industry experience with 5+ years in a business analytics environment
- In-depth knowledge of development methodology and proven track record of successful program implementation and project management skills
- Strong communication, organizational and team-building skills. Includes ability to create effective messaging materials and ability to converse vertically internally as well as liaison between business and technical staff.
- Mastery of business and marketing concepts such as business performance management (BPM) and customer relationship management (CRM) is essential.
- Mastery of definition and delivery of business metrics, data visualization, and deployment and use of OLAP, dashboards, scorecards, analytic applications, and data mining.
- Strong understanding of concepts relative to Data Analysis and Design is needed to ensure ability to interface with architects, analysts and developers. This includes business rule development, meta-data maintenance and governance.
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Tableau and/or similar toolsets in an Oracle environment is required.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, architectures, models and processes.
- Strong understanding of Data Integration concepts fundamental to data warehousing such as source data analysis and qualification, data profiling, source/target mapping, data cleansing and transformation, and ETL development.
Experience with unstructured data formats (e.g. consumer sentiment, web behavioral data) is a plus
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org.