Senior Data Engineer
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: NYC- hybrid
Duration Full-Time only
- Oversees and directs the work of Ad Tech Data Support Specialist and Business Analyst/ Project Lead positions, including creating an ongoing training and development plan.
- Define, prioritize, and maintain Premion’s tactical roadmap for our customer-facing applications, in alignment with our strategic vision.
- Daily Interactions with senior management to keep abreast of objectives.
- Serve as the domain expert for your area, with a deep understanding of the ad tech landscape, its table stakes, as well as how Premion can differentiate.
- Author's requirements and user stories in conjunction (with stakeholders as necessary) ensuring that market needs are met. Ensures documentation of requirements and business logic are accounted for and up-to-date.
- Creates buy-in for the Data & Insights vision, both internally and with key external partners; Manages prioritization and trade-offs among all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet technical or strategic goals.
- 5+ years of experience designing, architecting & implementing data warehouse solutions.
- Has an affinity towards large datasets, an inherent ability to observe trends and draw actionable insights from the same.
- Hands-on experience on Cloud data warehouses preferably on Snowflake/Google Big Query.
- Hands-on experience with any of the Cloud technologies like GCP, AWS, Azure
- 5+ years of experience in writing complex SQL queries, ETL/ELT pipeline development, and Reporting development.
- 2+ years of experience in programming languages preferably in Python.
- 2+ years of experience in reporting development preferably in Tableau/Google Data Studio.
- Experience managing an agile design-driven, user-centered data and development team.
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions, with exposure to complex organizations and the ability to gain shared vision on data product decisions and priority trade-offs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with meticulous attention to detail. Ability to communicate technical issues simply to help drive fast decisions.
- Deep experience with identity, data privacy, audience targeting, cross-device graphs, and related technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of digital advertising technology is not just limited to ad serving, analytics, DSP, DMP, SSP, QA, and targeting.
- Has hands-on experience working with tools and systems that are instrumental at various stages of digital ad campaigns.
- Preferably has knowledge on implementing and testing third-party tags across video platforms. Utilizing customer-driven design and development and lean startup methodologies, have a fail-fast mindset.
- A fast learning curve, with the ability to understand our customer’s needs on both a business and technical level.
- Travel (no more than 5%) to sales/client meetings to gather feedback on existing data products and new features to be included in the roadmap.