Senior Developer – Microsoft (.NET)
Senior Developer – Microsoft
Cabinet is looking to fill a Senior Developer – Microsoft position. Below is a list of requirements and a job description. Please let me know if you have any questions.
This job will work closely with our Applications Development team to support existing in-house applications, provide full life cycle support in rewriting current legacy applications utilizing best practices and more modern development platforms to meet the needs of the office.
Support Current Environment:
- Cabinet currently uses an in-house desktop application environment called IDE. IDE is used to manage nearly all functions of the CABINETs office including business functions, Corporate fillings, business records, trademarks, notary, candidate fillings, etc.
- IDE is built on .Net WinForms in VB .Net, using an obsolete Microsoft technology called CAB (Composite application block), and C#, currently at the 4.6.1 level.
- In addition, the CABINET office of technology maintains several public facing ASP.Net web applications, in both VB and C#.
- Web services: ASMX, WCF, in both VB and C#.
- The current hardware environment is Windows Server 2019.
- All databases are SQL Server 2019.
- Rewrite IDE using modern Microsoft technology and utilizing best practices; including all phases of software development life cycle, from design, develop, deploy, support to end of life.
- Develop interfaces with other Agencies in support of automating certain business functions.
- Experience migrating legacy systems utilizing best practices and more modern development platforms.
- Experience programming in .Net, C#, and VB.
- Experience designing, writing, deploying, iterating, and supporting enterprise wide applications.
- Experience managing all aspects of software life cycle
- Experience managing, maintaining SQL Serve