Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client in Yonkers, NY has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Sr. DevOps Engineer.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is part of a team supporting and scaling the production infrastructure for the delivery of web applications to millions of users. This role is responsible for building and managing various components of our web infrastructure focusing on continuous integration, automated software releases, configuration management and system management in a high-availability cloud environment.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software delivery solutions.
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize production systems.
- Help streamline software development by contributing to implementation of a continual integration process and automating manual processes.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration, security and scalability of applications within the online Web infrastructure.
- Ensures the integration of the Web servers and all other supporting systems.
- Conducts performance tuning, load testing, optimization of information/data processing, maintenance and support of the production environment.
- Viewed both by the development and operations teams as a technical expert and critical technical resource across multiple disciplines.
- Serves as a technical expert on the most difficult support and troubleshooting problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned but not those of a higher level.
- Requires 5 to 10 years of experience in multiple IT areas including 2–3 years of relevant Web/Internet experience.
- Software development background and scripting with one or more of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, Perl.
- Sound technical understanding of the use and administration of various Linux distributions (RHEL preferred)
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems
- Working knowledge of web and application servers management and configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx, JBoss, Tomcat)
- Experience with build and deployment automation tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with virtualization platforms and cloud technologies (VMware, vCHS, OpenShift, Docker)
- Experience with log aggregation tools (Splunk, Elasticsearch, LogStash)
- Experience with metrics infrastructure tools (Statsd, Graphite)
Qualified candidates should submit a word formatted resume to Cheryl.email@example.com.