Senior Front-End Engineer
NY, New York
- Must have expertise in React
- Lead role (not people mgmt) - hands on, ability to lead/mentor other engineers on front-end projects
- You will work in a fast-paced environment on an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.
- You’ll work alongside highly experienced and talented product owners, designers & developers to analyze, architect, & build solutions based on business needs.
- You’ll work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively under tight deadlines. You have good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and good presentation skills.
- You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
You have 2+ years of experience leading a development team, mentoring other engineers & working with the business to define & drive solutions
You have expertise in building complex layouts with CSS (SASS a plus) and HTML (mustache templates a plus)
You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
You have the pro-active ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD & Pair Programming
Drupal frontend/theming and content building, ideally Drupal 7
Experience or background with graphic design or visual arts
Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
Experience with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github), provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker), and AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)