Senior GIS Administrator (# 5717)
We are currently looking for GIS Development & Support Specialist for one of the Direct client.
are some of the specific details:
GIS Development & Support Specialist
This position will be a remote work position, but on rare occasion, there may be a need for an in-person meeting.
Long-Term Indefinite Contract
READY TO HIRE
Note: Looking for someone with strong ArcServer, AGOL and ESRI mobile app development experience
The CABINET Office of Information Technology is searching for a new contractor-based GIS team member. The successful candidate will relish the challenge as they help deliver award winning GIS solutions and excellent customer service. They will be a systems thinker who:
(1) loves to understand the “why” of problems,
(2) enjoys working with others to help provide cost-effective solutions, and
(3) enjoys sharing and learning new GIS and technology skills. CABINET-OIT is a collaborative, fast-paced environment; focused on helping deliver the Cabinet’s Mission. This position will be a remote work position, but on rare occasion, there may be a need for an in-person meeting.
We need someone with the passion and skills to help fulfill the following roles:
- Help Desk Support – The successful candidate must have at least two years of experience in hands-on, complex GIS analysis, troubleshooting, and customer support. This includes data editing (preferably including data design and management as well), map production and preferably web or mobile map creation.
- Strong experience with the ESRI technology stack is required.
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro is preferred. Additional experience with Bentley’s GIS/CADD solutions and Google mapping is a plus.
The successful candidate…
- Will provide technical support to the Cabinet’s GIS customers as well as requests from public facing interactive mapping sites. This requires excellent problem-solving skills to resolve issues with Web-based, desktop (local and via Citrix), and mobile solutions.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and reprioritize tasks as circumstances change.
- Must be capable of
- (1) understanding the customer’s challenge,
- (2) researching and determining viable solutions,
- (3) presenting ideas to peers to assure solutions integrate with larger spatial/data enterprise, and upon agreement, (4) delivering and training customers in the solution.
Other duties as assigned
- The Cabinet is looking for a candidate with a natural interest and skills in data design and management. The successful candidate should have demonstrated work examples that include data design, implementation, and management. Ideally, this would include the creation of metadata and other elements of data governance. Additionally, other duties within some of the following areas may become part of the successful candidate’s work, depending on their skills and the Cabinet’s needs:
- GIS server administration.
- Database (SQL Server-based spatial data)
- CADD/Engineering process integration.
- Automation using
- Python, R, or other programming development tools.
- UAS-based data capture.
- Teaching technology to customers.
The successful candidate’s work history will demonstrate they have the following traits:
- Highly motivated/adaptable – Must be a self-starter who thrives in a high tempo environment. Must be adaptable to changing needs/opportunities. Must be constantly thinking of how to improve processes and solutions.
Must be well aware of current trends within GIS and IT in
general and how that impacts future technology directions.
These drivers must translate into innovative solutions they deliver for our customers so they can accomplish their part of the Cabinet’s Mission.
- Committed to excellent customer service – Must be an excellent listener, who enjoys working with people and can ask effective follow up questions to identify the details needed to understand the problem and then work with the customer to satisfy the need with the resources available.
- Excellent communicator – Must be able to integrate information from people with diverse backgrounds (CABINET field staff, engineers, IT server administrators, upper management, etc.), translate those needs/ideas into polished technical documentation, other communications (email, Word, PPT, etc.) or a GIS solution. The candidate must be able to effectively share ideas & solutions in language the customer understands.
- Very Analytical – The successful candidate enjoys figuring out the “why” of a problem. They can…
Understand and document the customer’s issues/needs into clear
Define what a viable solution would be, including its scope.
Identify what technology is needed to solve the problem/need,
Break down and define the steps required to build the solution
Design efficient data structures that support the solution.
Identify who needs to accomplish which work.
Estimate the time required to execute the solution.
Work collaboratively to develop and deliver the best solution for the customer including effective training materials.
Attention to detail must be able to identify and solve problems/errors before they reach to customer. This aspect impacts all phases of project and operations work. The candidate must be able to work efficiently within the timeframes demanded by the other work commitments.
- Collaborative – Enjoy working on a very close-knit team that has highly developed skill sets. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of working collaboratively to find and craft innovative and sustainable solutions. You will support team members, learn from them, and simultaneously share/teach what you know that adds value to the team. The successful candidate must be comfortable integrating constructive feedback to help them better align with the team’s work and culture in order to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
- Solution driven – The successful candidate must be driven to help the GIS Team deliver solutions. The solution must streamline customer business processes, assure data integrity, and improve Cabinet effectiveness through spatial data and technology. Solutions must solve not only the local project need, but also support the larger enterprise needs/objectives.
Let me know if you would be interested in this position. If yes, please respond with your resume in Microsoft word version (.docx).