Senior Java Developer
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: NY/ NC/ TX/ Remote locations
Duration: 12+ Months
- This position is for a Senior Java Developer.
- The Senior Developer is responsible for design and coding of new applications as well as enhancing and maintaining existing applications.
- The Senior Developer works closely with the Product Management, Operations and Technology Infrastructure departments as well as external clients and vendors to define and implement new features and capabilities.
- IT experience in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementing and testing of software systems in Java, J2EE with Spring
- Build automation tools and experience in CI/CD pipeline software such as TFS, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Strong Knowledge on Application Development using Software Development Life Cycle SDLC using various methodologies like Agile/Scrum.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework such as Spring MVC, IOC, AOP and Spring JDBC.
- Experience in implementing Java EE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Session Facade, DAO, DTO, and Business Delegate in the development of Multi-Tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
- Knowledge of the ISO2022 payment formats and digital signing techniques.
- Good experience in developing Web Services SOAP, JAX-WS, WSDL .
- Sound RDBMS concepts and broadly worked vendors such as DB2, Oracle, and MySQL
- Excellent team player with good analytical, strategic planning and interpersonal and communication skills. Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-starter.
- Experience developing and supporting large, mission critical transaction processing applications is preferred.
- Money transfer experience especially knowledge of SWIFT, FED or CHIPS payment processing and settlement is preferred.
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Haskell, Erlang, Scala, etc. is a strong plus.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management, Technology and Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Develop new functionality and perform defect fixes.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Assist in defining and documenting support procedures.
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system.