Senior Test Engineer
Job Profile Name
Senior Test Engineer
The Senior Test Engineer performs and participates in application development and testing to apply continuous quality and testability of code throughout the software development lifecycle. Builds quality within the software development process with automated testing suites providing a comprehensive view from code quality to functionality.
- Defines application problem by conferring with business partners; evaluating procedures and processes
- Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions
- Writes scripts and SQL queries
- Analyzes data
- Evaluates and verifies Machine Learning data models
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Reviews and participates in grooming sessions in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
- Reports, tracks defects, and creates bug reports using defect tracking system.
- Builds, maintains, and executes the regression test suite and verifies and communicates results to software engineering teams and other stakeholders.
- Performs various test techniques and test design methods to effectively test applications and detect errors.
- Automates test scenarios using the existing tools and framework.
- 5+ years’ experience in software testing techniques
- 5+ years’ hands on experience with web services (REST/SOAP).
- 5+ years’ experience on Unix/Windows environment.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and/or cloud based storage.
- 5+ years’ experience creating automated tests using Selenium and Appium
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); Agile
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in software quality testing and engineering testing solutions
- 5+ years System documentation experience and/or technical writing (including project level test strategies, test plans and test scripts