Service Desk Specialist
Job Title: Service Desk Specialist
Location: Matawan NJ
Responsible for the timely execution, monitoring, and verification of computer-based tasks which support the overall operations of the Client and its member stores. Responsible for second-level phone support of IT point-of-sale (POS) hardware and software. Must be both technically and customer service oriented. Ability to handle multiple calls and situations. Able to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Proficient in the timely and professional handling of incoming calls to a busy service desk
- Target 90% resolution at the Service Desk for inbound incidents and request
- Proficient tracking of all calls via service desk software (Service Now); ticket assignment and escalation as required
- Perform daily follow-up on open calls that do not show activity to ensure satisfactory closure of the issue.
- Responsible for initial user account creation, permissions, and directory updates in a multi-platform environment.
- Evaluating and prioritizing incoming telephone, voicemail, and email requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related issues. Ask concise and accurate questions to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Answer application questions with short training and/or –how-to documents.
- Delegate support tasks when appropriate to third party vendors
- Escalate problems to the third level (when appropriate) to obtain timely resolution.
- Monitor trouble ticket portals of third-party vendors to ensure proactive resolution to issues.
- Participate in departmental projects and programs (which include rollouts, upgrades, and modifications).
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure continuity of task execution amongst current or future staff.
- Deliver administrative services to the IT department.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
Associate degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science related field or minimum 2 years experience.
Certification in ITIL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in supermarket operations is a plus.