Service Desk Specialist
NY, Staten Island
We are seeking a full-time Service Desk Specialist for our client in Staten Island, NY.
Please send qualified resumes to mary.abraham at harveynashusa.com.
Responsible for the timely execution, monitoring and verification of computer based tasks which support the overall operations.. Responsible for second level phone support of IT point-of-sale (POS) hardware and software. Must be both technically and customer service oriented. Ability to handle multiple calls and situations. Able to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Proficient in the timely and professional handling of incoming calls to a busy service desk
- Target 90% resolution at the Service Desk for inbound incidents and request
- Proficient tracking of all calls via service desk software (Service Now); ticket assignment and escalation as required
- Perform daily follow-up on open calls that do not show activity to ensure satisfactory closure of issue.
- Responsible for initial user account creation, permissions and directory updates in a multi-platform environment.
- Evaluating and prioritizing incoming telephone, voicemail and email requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer-related issues. Ask concise and accurate questions to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Answer application questions with short training and/or –how-to documents.
- Delegate support tasks when appropriate to third party vendors
- Escalate problems to third level (when appropriate) to obtain timely resolution.
- Monitor trouble ticket portals of third party vendors to ensure proactive resolution to issues.
- Participate in departmental projects and programs (which include rollouts, upgrades and modifications).
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure continuity of task execution amongst current or future staff.
- Deliver administrative services to IT department.
- Participate in after hour on call rotation.
- Associate degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science related field or minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Certification in ITIL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.